17 (Settling in Sindria -Dinner

((In this house we stan string theory and multiple dimension theory

Also, this chapter gets a little preachy, and delves more into my interpretation of the series so to make up for it I made a lot of art.))

~POV Sinbad~
"If you're willing to talk about the future, does that mean you are finally ready to explain about those calamities you mentioned in Balbadd?" When Ja'far cut in he was in a rush; he didn't want to miss this chance.

Sinbad had underestimated Ja'far's concerns; he had been too preoccupied with the Prophet. All the same, "I don't know if this is the time for that conversation. This is Mori's first meal with everyone after all."

Wait. He knew that look. Ja'far wasn't actually asking to have that conversation now. He was pressuring Mori so she would have to agree to tell them soon.

"I'm fine. I made a promise and I intend to keep it. As long as everyone else is willing to talk seriously for a few mins, I don't see the problem." Mori was wearing the same stern expression she had the morning of the coup in Balbadd.

When Ja'far had cut in with his request he could have tried to sound a little nicer but it didn't warrant the cold response Mori gave in return. There had been rising tensions between Ja'far and Mori since Balbadd, but both seemed to get along most of the time.

"Wait really? You're agreeing this easily?" Ja'far's shock also spoke for the King.

She obviously didn't want to talk about the Calamities even when she promised to tell them, so why now?

"A promise is a promise." Mori almost felt like a completely different person compared to the coy way she was teasing them all just moments ago. "Besides, this will just continue to be a point of contention until I explain."

—King Sinbad was finally eating with his Generals and Prophet, but this was nothing like he had planned

King Sinbad was finally eating with his Generals and Prophet, but this was nothing like he had planned.

Mori sat straight with both hands on the table interlocked. "The 1st of the 2 calamities occurs in about 2 years. As you know, there's a few countries that currently have rising tensions."