24 (Settling in Sindra - New Home -Homework

~POV Mori~
Sinbad always wanted to find other options. He never liked dirtying his hands, and it was obvious from reading Fate that it wasn't necessary.

I stood with my back against the door with my face in my hands. It was dark and I was alone, but I couldn't show my face. The thing I had stepped back out to say, was something I had wanted to tell Sinbad many times.

 The thing I had stepped back out to say, was something I had wanted to tell Sinbad many times

The events in both manga flooded through me. The waves were rising with my anxiety, and I couldn't help but remember things from this world's past and future.

Sinbad fully felt his guilt right after he was saved from slavery. He had caused a slave rebellion for his own benefit, and children and guards died for it. He had no choice but to acknowledge his own ugliness. When his plan was a success: Maadar had signed over all of her assets and her remaining slaves were freed, Sinbad told Ja'far of the regret eating away at his heart through self deprecation. Ja'far yelled at, and even punched Sinbad to snap him out of it.

In the secret that I reminded Sinbad of, he met someone from his home village. She was completely deformed from experiments and pleaded with him to save Parthevia. He remembered all of the warnings everyone had given him and was on the verge of accepting breaking off the deal with Barbarossa even though he didn't want to loose the opportunity to become king... But then the guilt he was feeling triggered a flashback to the guilt he felt when he was finally freed from slavery and he remembered what Ja'far told him, 'did you think you could realize your dream while keeping your hands completely clean?' If the lives of those children were excusable then so were all the things Barbarossa was doing.

After the Fall of First Sindria, Sinbad decided that it all had to be Fate. Otherwise he couldn't ignore the guilt nor accept what Ja'far told him.

Every time Sinbad feels guilty or wants to find other options he goes to Ja'far who tells him things like 'he has to change for the sake of his dream.' Sinbad has and will ask if he has to be this way and Ja'far will tell him: 'this was his choice,' 'this is the way forward,' and only after Sinbad parrots Ja'far does Ja'far tell Sinbad 'he'll follow him anywhere.' I could also understand Ja'far's perspective because I read it, but over a decade of receiving reinforcement to devalue other's lives would mess with anyone.

The waves were rising. Sinbad was definitely going to go talk to Ja'far now that I was dropped off. I didn't know what changes were happening, and I was too scared tired to stay and help Sinbad through whatever thought process he was having. If Sinbad has a breakthrough from the secret I just told him and gets filled with guilt then I needed to say something before Ja'far counters all of the progress I'd made. That's why I had went back into the hallway.

I flopped on my bed face down like a wooden plank. The sheets were crumpled weirdly under me, and I remembered that I had placed clothes on my bed before Sinbad showed up. If I cut myself slack it would become a bad habit. I got back up and put the clothes away.

The waves were still rising. Even if I tried to sleep, I wouldn't be able to. I had to do something to focus on instead of the waves. I couldn't move my big table, but I did pick up one of the bed side tables and moved it next to the windows which I opened. I lit a lamp for added light, and got started on my 2nd scroll of copying down everything I could remember of the Adventures of Sinbad.

~POV Ja'far~
The General spent the whole time he was waiting thinking up questions based on what he overheard. However, as soon as Sinbad entered the room he beat Ja'far to the punch, "How much did you overhear of my and Mori's conversation?"