28 - Another meeting

~POV Mori~
This time when I entered the White Capricorn Tower I wasn't nervous so I could actually pay attention to where I was going. Most of the political work happened here, including meetings, and audiences with King Sinbad. The people at the front desk weren't surprised to see me and one of them guided me to the where the others were waiting. We passed by many people that were exiting from the morning assemblies. After my official Announcement as the Prophet, I'd probably be attending them too. When we reached the meeting room, my guide opened the door, revealing King Sinbad and the 7 Generals. Some of them were still finding their seats having just exited the assemblies as well.

Ja'far was the first to greet me. "Lady Mori, good morning."

I returned his greeting with a smile. "Good morning." Since Ja'far had made a big deal about rumors I wanted to show off my outfit to him first anyway. Some of my new clothes and shoes were delivered just after breakfast so I had plenty of time to pick this out. I chose a white tie collar blouse, mint green vest, gold silk tie belt, and indigo high water pants -there wasn't any purple on me to spread more rumors.

 I chose a white tie collar blouse, mint green vest, gold silk tie belt, and indigo high water pants -there wasn't any purple on me to spread more rumors

He gave my outfit a cursory glance and froze. "Why are you wearing purple?"

"I'm not." Was he color blind or something?

"You're pants are dark purple." He looked shocked -not upset.

Please no. "This is indigo, not purple." I pull on my pants with one hand. This wasn't the first time I'd had to defend the color as being neither blue nor purple. "I'd guess these were originally violet or something and then were dyed over with blue -making them indigo..." I didn't want to be the source of rumors or cause problems!

The General's eyes glazed over for a moment as if he was calculating something. His gaze turned towards the King standing at the table in the middle of the room.

His silence was making me nervous. "If you think this is also a problem then I'll stop wearing this color too."

"It's fine." Ja'far responded to me with a positive tone. "The rumors started spreading before you started wearing purple. Eventually everyone will see if they are true or not. Besides, there are more important things than Palace gossip, aren't there?" ((This is a man who has accepted his Fate lol))

Then why did he make such a big deal of it the previous day???

After his last statement I couldn't continue the conversation. I followed Ja'far in joining the rest of the group at the table, and exchanged pleasantries with the others.

His Majesty was the one to start the meeting. "Yesterday, Mori told us more about the war that will lead to the 1st Calamity." The mood in the room shifted. "The growing tensions between the Riem and Kou Empires will finally reach a breaking point when both attack the same country." The older Generals exchanged a look that was different than the shock of the others. "Mori did tell us which country they will use as their battle ground, however it's very possible that a different country could be chosen in this version of Fate." What was he saying?? Magnostadt being antagonistic was why both Empires chose to attack it independently! Sinbad gestured with one of his hands. "I don't want the Alliance to treat that country any differently than it does now, so I've chosen to withhold which it is unless it becomes clear we really are on the same path."