23 (Settling in Sindra - New Home -Date ;3

~POV Ja'far~
This sitting room was for any guests that might have to wait for Sin for whatever reason, but it was mainly used for the Call Girls he asked for daily. Bringing Mori here made it obvious to everyone what Sinbad was originally after, so Ja'far wasn't surprised to overhear Mori turning him down when he first arrived. What he wasn't expecting was her to bring up Fate to do it. Eavesdropping wasn't something Ja'far liked doing. Originally he was going to burst in, but they weren't just flirting.

Sin asked directly, "Could the tragedies of my past really have been avoided?" What happened in Riem and Parthevia left scars that could never heal

Sin asked directly, "Could the tragedies of my past really have been avoided?" What happened in Riem and Parthevia left scars that could never heal. Ja'far could see how some aspects of what happened could have been different, but the idea that they could have been avoided entirely made his skin crawl.

Mori made it clear that she thought that Sinbad saw himself as above others, and he didn't deny it. She said that Sin considered the tragedies of their past to be stepping stones, and his questions basically confirmed it!

"Yes." Mori was confident. She wasn't harsh, but she wasn't kind either. She was just stating a fact.

King Sinbad didn't answer. Ja'far wished he could see him, so he could have some idea of what he was thinking about all of this. "Everything you've-"

"Um...Sir?"

Ja'far whipped his head around to the source. A maid had arrived with drinks and dessert. This was convenient. He sent her away as quickly and quietly as he could. Ja'far just needed to wait for a break in their conversation, then he could join them with the perfect excuse.

As the maid left, Ja'far returned to the curtain but no one was saying anything.

"Don't tell me, you didn't think I'd ask," Sinbad teased.

"I thought you might, but I'm not sure how to start. As I told you earlier, I've had a long day."

Sin hummed. There was silence.

~POV Mori~
This was going to be more than I was ready for. Could I explain any of this without also countering Sinbad's long held belief that the ends justify the means -that he has to dirty his hands for the sake of his dream?

I wasn't, and it would be a fool's game to try. I'm an idiot a lot of the time, but not so stupid to not know my limits here. The waves were still on my side. I was safe. Sinbad was not a violent man. There was definitely a part of me thanking the God(s) -or in this case the writer- that Ja'far wasn't a part of this because I was certain that he would kill me for the things I had already said let alone what I was about to say. ((;D))

I was going to have to explain these things eventually, and I have never liked putting off the inevitable once I realize it. Sinbad was being patient with me, and would let me drop the topic if I needed to. Sure he'd ask me for more later, but that was to be expected -telling him about Fate was my job now as the Prophet of Sindria. Starting the conversation this way would make it easier to bring up again later.