Chapter 5 : Number 5

Five hadn't been enjoying his vacation in the apocalypse. In fact he hated it . Last month when he had arrived he was greeted with the sight of his dead family and the end of the world . That was the first time Five had ever cried and that was the last time five ever will .

    He needed to get back to his family and save the world . And he had a clue . Five took out the glass eyeball Luther had the in his hands . It was probably from the person who causes the end of the world . It has to be .

   Five sighed and put it back . He thought about the food that had appeared out of now where .

  He was suspicious which was an understatement. He knew he hadn't gotten these . But for the sake of his logic and mind he assumed that he did .

  And after eating one chip he finished the entire packet . Which was a mistake since he needed to preserver as much food as possible .

  Five sighed in disbelief.... Why did he have to be so stubborn... the damn old man is as right .... He didn't knew how to time travel . Instead of reappearing as an acorn , he reappeared at the end of the world .

Five grunted . All of a sudden he heard a noise behind him . It was the sound of glass shattering . Suddenly his instincts from his missions took over and he space jumped to where the noise was and on instinct side kicked the girl into falling and five took out his knife and held it at her throat .

  Only when he held the knife close to her throat was when five realized what was happening and to say he was shocked was an understatement.

   This was a living breathing and hopefully talking human being ! Five felt some relief flood inside him. He wasn't alone in this waste land after all!

   Five noticed that the girl now looked scared and he realized that he was still holding the knife .

  He immediately pulled back his knife but remained alert and cautious . Just because she was alive didn't mean she wasn't a threat . She seemed around his age but that didn't mean she wasn't dangerous . Besides teens  such as himself know all the ways to kill.

  Five looked at her cautiously . Wait ... was she real ? Five cursed at himself ..... he mentally prayed and hoped this wasn't an illusion .

   He then cut his arm a little and when he felt pain. Now he knew for certain this was real .

  The awkward silence was dragging on and five wasn't waiting around for lolly gagging .

  He asked in his stern and prideful voice : "Talk ! Who are you ?"

  The girl sat up and patted her cloths to remove the dust . She then said in a nervous voice : " I am y/n . And don't bother introducing yourself ... I know your Number 5 of the umbrella academy."

  That statement raised alarms in Five's head . Normally five wouldn't be surprised she knew him but it should have been 16 years since he disappeared and no one should know his face .

   Five raised the knife towards her and said : "How the hell do you know me ?"

  Y/n said shyly : "I ... uh read all about you and your siblings ..... in the comics and from TV . And I would have assumed you for someone else if I hadn't seen you teleport in front of me ..."

  Five thought that , that sounded reasonable enough and he put his knife back down . He knew that couldn't trust this girl . His instincts told him to leave her here and go away .

  But he knew better . He knew that if he left her the girl probably wouldn't live but that would be bad for five because then he would be all alone and he might lose his mind and then he wouldn't be able to save the world .

For the sake of saving the world , five put the knife in his pocket and told the girl : "Okay ... I am putting away my knife ... but if I see you doing anything suspicious. I WILL KILL YOU ."

  Y/n nodded quickly . She had no illusion that he wouldn't .

    Y/n said nervously : "So can I come with you ."

Hesitation was all over five's face but he then replied : "Sure .... But as long as you remember my warning . And do remember that I know every single method on how to kill someone."

  Y/n nodded hating the fact that she was feeling nervous and overwhelmed .

She followed five like a phantom ghost and five was getting irritated. Y/n was quietly following him around like a timid and quite human being that didn't exist ......... that's when five remembered something ...... just like Vanya ..... nervous and timid and always following them quietly.

   Y/n noticed that five was about to say something but then all of a sudden his face looked like he felt nostalgic...... weird .

   Five then just silently went on without another word and y/n followed like a little chipmunk.

  After they reached Five's home or hideout or shelter or whatever . Five and y/n sat down .  Five looked at y/n and asked : "Did you leave these here?"

And motioned towards the snacks and y/n nodded .

Five kept asking questions : "Do you live alone ?"

"Yea"

"Do you have a family ?"

"No"

"Are there other survivors?"

"No"

"Do you know how the world ends ?"

"Beats me"

"Do you have any idea who or what the cause might be ?"

"Nope"

"Do you even care ?"

"Obviously!"

"So your just clueless ?"

"Honestly yep"

Five sighed sighed . He wasn't getting anything out of her . And he knew that she probably didn't know anything at all .

They something dawned on five . 'How did she survive .....' give thought .

He asked : "How are you still alive ? How did you survive this ?"

That's when he noticed y/n tense up and five immediately got suspicious again .

When y/n didn't respond ... five smiled but at the same time slowly grabbed his knife without her noticing .

  Only one thought was on his mind 'Maybe she caused the end of the world after all.....'

____________________________________

Authors note :

Hi readers !

How was the chapter ?

Hope you enjoyed it !

And am I portraying five accurately enough ?
If yes or no please tell.

Vote and Spam comments of you liked it . Any thoughts ?

That's all !
See you all soon !
Bye !
_________________________________