"DITCHING."

"Nice car, but that is an ugly color."

Not Edited

Not Edited

"Your racing tonight." Letty says as I put my lipstick on, "What?" I asked as I see cars pull out, Vincent and Jesse went out for a little test drive before we left to this racing thing for tonight. it was more checking out Vincent's engine since it was completely leaking earlier.

"Letty I can barely drive," I laughed right in her face when she said that to me, "Come on don't pretend that Abuelita didn't teach you."

"No, she hardly did, I crashed like two seconds in, and then she took away my car privileges, remember you are the only one in our family that can reckless drive so smoothly, dear cousin." Yes me and Letty were cousins but only third in the fifth.

Her mom is my dad's stepsister, it's a big family line but we were connected to it, "When I'm here during the summer she hardly teaches me anything, if I'm back in LA with dad and mom they don't have the time either for me."

When I left home for the summer I always came here to my hometown, it felt good to see Letty and our old friend group that I grew up with. We worked on cars together with my half family, we would do anything and just everything that I couldn't do when I was with my conservative ones  back at home, "You know how strict my parents are anyways."

"If I get caught illegal racing they'll snatch me away for you and the rest so quickly."

Letty groaned as I padded my lipstick in, "I totally hate your mom for dating my step-uncle."

"Afro Latinos don't mix with those white conservative people." She said again making me chuckle, "I mean she's your mom but love cmon' something is off about her, I don't see what uncle Kenny sees in her."

I listen to Letty as she ranted about the whole thing and how my parents were with me about not embracing myself and who I was, it was true and I couldn't even be mad-I wasn't so fund on embracing the other side of me, the fun side, the brave side or even the badass side, I was just stuck up just like my mother all the time. "It's fucked up Stella that you don't know anything about yourself."

"I'm trying to learn."

"How long will that last you?" She questions.

depends on the timming

...

After the boys were done playing around with the cars we all decided to hit up the after place we were going to see everyone race- I call it an illegal race ring because it was very much in the middle of a wide field filled with so much illegal stuff and deals.