Issue #3

As class was dismissed, I stood up and began to pack my belongings up, careful to maintain the organization so that I don't lose track of what notes were for what class. Today was pretty easy, so I didn't have to hard of a time getting into the swing of things. But Flash did make things harder, seeing as how he insisted on messing with the Parker girl.

What was his damage with her anyway? He needs a life. At least a hobby or something.

Honestly, classes in general were kind of a breeze. Though since it was the first day, I can't imagine things would get so intense so quickly. I imagine around the second or third week things will pick up. I now stood at the gates of midtown high, waiting to take the bus so I could head home as soon as possible. So I could get used to being back to school sooner.

As I listened to music and silently gazed out into the air, I smiled as I felt the calm breeze blow by me, helping me relax and ease myself enough to enjoy the moment... I waited until the bus showed up and decided to take my earbuds out so I could head to the bus without any distractions. Once I was seated, I put my earbuds back in and looked out the window, feeling relieved that Liz wasn't getting on. She was probably with Flash or something, not that I really cared.

I continued to stare into nothing up until a few minutes into the bus ride, I felt something touch my shoulder. I peeked over and saw... A Lego figurine? Emperor Palpatine? Deciding that whatever was going on was worth my attention, I took my earbuds out and looked over to see that... I think his name was.. Ned? Ned leads? Leeds?

"Uh... Hi."

"I see that you are but a stray Padawan.. Join the Darkside, young one.." Ned said, seemingly doing an.. admittedly good impression to be honest. I raised an eyebrow and sat up right, making him smile as he lowered the figure, keeping his attention on the little bundle of specialized bricks.

"I like his lightning affects. They look accurate, especially considering how lazy Lego has been with the helmet sets... Though the Darth Vader one looks cool."

"Seriously? God, I haven't played with Legos in years... Can I see?"

"Oh, I have several. Sidious, Grievous, Vader, Anakin, Luke, Kenobi-"

"....You have Anakin?"

"Yes."

"...Bet."

Ned then dug into one of his pockets and pulled out his Anakin Skywalker figure and handed it to me. I held it in my palm, taking in it's detail as Ned nodded proudly.

"Badass, right?"

"Yeah.. Why are you showing me this?"

"It's an easy way to start conversations. Plus I think they're pretty great." Ned stated, smiling as he began to have Vader and Luke clash toy sabers against each other, using his mouth to make the sound affects.

"And the teachers are cool with it?"

"So long as I get my work done, I can mess around. I'm actually gonna hangout with a friend of Mine later so we can build a lego set I got awhile ago... After her internship, at least." Ned informed.

"Huh... I never heard of that..."

"Not to brag, but I happen to be a pretty great student. I passed with all A+ grades last school year" Ned humbly(?) boasted. And as he continued to mess around with the toys. And with as bright as the genuine lightsabers were, the lightbulb I had was even brighter...

"Say... Ned. I know we're only just getting to know each other and shit, but is it cool if I ask for a favor?"

As I asked, Ned relaxed with the playing and gave me his attention, giving me a chance to shoot my shot.