Issue #23

"And then I want to the office and.. here we are." I sighed, burying my face into my hands as Aunt May and I finally made it home. I had told her about what had happened with Flash and that I just couldn't shake off the guilt of what I did.

Sure, some people might see it as far, but... I have the strength to catch an air-born bus. To stop a train. To be an Avenger...

With the power I have, it's my responsibility to be the bigger person and hold back. I could have seriously hurt someone back there...

Now we were seated in an office with Flash, who seemed to be somewhat well, but was also alone. Maybe his parents were to busy to show up or something...

We both gave our sides of the story. Flash claimed that I pushed him because I didn't want to share my assignment with him. Technically not a lie, but I made sure to tell the entire story. How Flash stole my notebook and proceeded to rip pages out from it, causing my outburst.

And... as much as I hated it, I apologized to Flash. He accepted the apology, though May sorta...

Threatened him. And the school. Seems that she got the hint that Flash had been bullying me since Middle school and was disgusted that the schools allowed it to happen...

Ultimately Flash and I got suspended for a few days. Given what could have happened, It's a better alternative. Especially when Aunt May decided to have me come home early...

Aunt May excused us both from the meeting and we made our way to the car. You know those awkward moments where you can tell someone is mad with you, but won't say anything?

Yeah... Yeah, that's what is happening...

...
...
...

"I'm... I'm sorry..." I held my hands together, looking down into my lap.

Aunt May didn't reply for a moment. Seemingly collecting her thoughts, she took a deep breath.

"Penny... You defended yourself against a bully. I understand that you feel you took it to far, but I.. next time that boy bothers you, tell me. I don't want you being pushed around."

"So.. am I.. not in trouble..?"

"I never said that. While you're home, you'll be expected to do chores and help me around the house." She clarified, parking the car in front of our house.

"I... I know you wouldn't throw the first punch, hun. But if someone hits you, you're allowed to hit them back. You aren't some wimp that people can push around; not my niece." May added, unlocking the car doors as she stepped out. We both left the car and went inside. I sent a text to MJ and Ned shortly after.

...
...
...

Penny P.
'Hey guys. I got suspended for the week so I won't be at school...'

CEO of S3X.
'F.'

MJ.
'Apparently your aunt rained hellfire on Flash and the teachers. Will visit if possible.'

CEO of S3X.
'Fr? Bozo'
'Ask your aunt if it's cool if we visit for study sessions?'

...
...
...

Did... did Ned get a new nickname..? Or-When did he-

Whatever. I doubt Aunt May would be okay with my friends coming over... but I guess I'll ask later.

I set my things aside in my room and allowed myself to collapse onto my bed... What a day...

...
...
...

"Huh. Guess Penny got suspended." Ned commented. (YN)'s eyes widened ashe choked on his drink and began coughing violently into his sleeve.

At the moment the two students were studying together. With MJ on the way, Ned had once again fallen for his habit of sharing secrets without knowing.

"Woah-Dude! Don't die from water, jesus!" Ned called out. (YN) waved him off and continued to cough. After a moment, (YN) cleared his throat and sighed.

"Penny.. suspended? Why? What did she do?"

"She pushed Flash. Don't worry. They both got suspended." MJ spoke up behind (YN). (YN) turned his head toward the girl, who sat between him and Ned.

"I was in the office. I even manage to get another drawing down." MJ noted, showing us her drawing of Penny. "Apparently Flash was harassing her so she pushed him. He fell and they went to the office."

"Wait-so... Penny was defending herself, but is being punished for it?" Ned asked. MJ and (YN) both nodded their heads.

"Fucking stupid... Do you know for how long?"

"Nope. Maybe we can ask if her aunt lets us visit."

"I wouldn't bet on that. She looked pretty pissed when she left the office." MJ dismissed, taking her book out of her bag.

(YN) and Ned both silently nodded, deciding to try and continue their studying with the company of MJ, who was reading about..

"... Is that book seriously called 'Human Bonage'?" (YN) asked, raising a brow. MJ raised a brow toward him and saved her spot.

"It's about an orphan who grows to be almost obsessed with his ambitions, causing them to grow into a sort-of nagging hunger that can never truly be satisfied." MJ replied...

"... I don't buy it, it's gotta be about bondage." Ned replied, which (YN) hesitantly agreed with.

"I mean, yeah.. Why would it be called 'Of Human Bondage' if it weren't about bondage?"

"The bondage is about being tied down to dreams and ambitions. You're both just dirty-minded morons." MJ shook her head and chuckled.

"Then why not name it something else? It's gotta be bondage." (YN) countered.

"Right. Bondage."

"You two spend to much time together." MJ chided as she resumed her reading.