Issue #11

'More suspicious things have been happening at Oscorp lately. When you said you were suspicious of it, I didn't want to believe it. I wanted to believe that it was just... Anyway, I helped manage and solve the most recent threat at Oscorp. Some back up would have been nice, but I understand you all can be pretty busy saving the world...

I'll keep a closer eye on Oscorp as instructed. This is Penny, by the way...'

Penny let out a somber sigh, lazily putting her mask on as she put her phone away. She had just finished texting Mr. Stark about what had just happened.

She didn't want to give to much details. Not without (YN) and his family either being taken into SHIELD custody or undergoing investigation...

Wiping her nose a bit, she covered her mouth with her mask and checked to see who had been messaging her. Aunt May had been calling her to ask what happened and why she wasn't home yet...

"Guess I forgot.. so much for promises..." she groaned, calling Aunt May over the phone.

...
...
...

"I understand that tonight was... a lot on you... and that you feel like it's your fault. Just remember that you were forgiven for what happened..." Martha told her son. Placing her hand on his shoulder, she understood that he was weighed down by even more guilt after seeing his father be taken to the hospital...

"If I was forgiven, then I didn't do enough to deserve it... I just wish I was smart enough to have helped him..." (YN) vented, still staring out of the window. "He was testing on himself for weeks... You saw his recordings, we both did... Was I forgiven? Or did Dad just not want to blame me for what happened?" He doubted out loud.

"Don't say that. Come on, When he is let out of the hospital, you two should have a heart-to-heart about it. I'm sure Curt didn't mean to make you feel guilty about him losing his arm."

As home came closer, now being within eye sight, (YN) rubbed his eyes. He couldn't just walk in... Not after the Lizard incident... How was he supposed to face Billy and tell him that Dad was in the hospital? Spider-Girl saved her, yeah, but... Only after their family trip.

"I'll tell your brother what happened. You just get some rest, okay? I'll call the school so you can sleep in." Martha said, pulling him into a hug. It did take a moment, but (YN) returned the gesture and sighed...

Leaving the car, (YN) hurried his way home. Billy should be home by now...

"Mom!" He called out. Suddenly a series of small footsteps could be heard from upstairs as Billy came running down the stairs to greet who he thought was his mother. Once he got to see who was at the door, his eyes beamed with the kind of joy that made (YN)'s heart sink further.

"(YN)! I thought you had work? Hi!" Billy smiled, hugging (YN) tightly. Wiping his eyes and mentally slapping himself, (YN) chuckled and hugged him back.

"Well, I got some hours off. Figured I'd head home earlier than usual." He chuckled, ruffling Billy's hair a bit.

"YEAH! Now we can finish that new lego game you bought!" Billy excitedly declared. (YN) smiled, remembering when he bought the game for a way for the two to bond...

Billy would run around the map playing as his favorite character while (YN) played the game and unlocked more characters for him... It made him smile, knowing that Billy was so eager to hangout

"I'm gonna go relax in my room for a bit, okay bud? Let's play video games tomorrow." (YN) offered, leaving Billy to welcome their Mother home right after. As he made his way up stairs, his smile desperately fought to stay... a battle that was lost quickly as he opened his bedroom door and shut up, laying back on his bed....

...
...
...

After getting an earful from Aunt May about how she barely made it home at 12pm on a school night, Penny allowed herself to change out of her spider-suit in favor of casual sleepwear and collapse onto her bed, allowing the stress and exhaustion to drop her eyes down and allow her to fall asleep...

...
...
...

Once the exhausting sleep was done, Penny woke up and groaned, feeling more tired than she usually would be. Probably from how stressful everything had been lately...

Lazily turning off her alarm, Penny threw herself into the bathroom to freshen up. Once she was changed, she made her way down stairs and saw Aunt May, who was currently packing Penny's lunch for her.

"Morning May" Penny greeted sleepily while she entered the kitchen.

May sighed, pulling Penny into a hug. "Go get some water, dear. I'm sure yesterday was pretty hard on you.. I know you're not the type to stay out late without reason.. Just remember. Let me know when you plan on staying out late." Aunt May sighed, rubbing Penny's back gently.

Penny nodded silently, hugging Aunt May tightly... "Sorry Mo-..May.. I know I need to tell you, I just got caught up with everything.. that happened." She admitted, pulling away. May smiled softly, holding Penny's hands in her own.

"I trust you, Penny. I just get worried about you. Now, head on out to school." Aunt May smiled, handing Penny a bottle of water and a wholesome lunch. Smiling softly, Penny made her way out of her home and out to meet with Ned, and possibly MJ.

How did MJ even find out where they meet in the morning..?