Issue #27

It was like my heart itself woke me up. A sudden.. spike of anxiety that forced me out of my bed and lose control, resulting in me crashing and hitting the floor of my room with a loud 'THUD'. Several things fell off of my desk, hitting me in the process.

My body was sore.. Why was I sore? I only just fell asleep... I groaned and struggled to get up, making several things fall onto the floor again. If the clock was accurate, it was only four in the morning... Seriously? School doesn't start for another few hours!

Okay... You know what you can do, Penny? Just... Lay back down.

And so I did. My body still stung from how I moved. I didn't even want to shift myself around to get comfortable... Guess we did a lot more yesterday than I realized. We just played Dodgeball... We don't remember getting hit at all...

All we remember was nailing Flash in the face. Even if we made up a bit, it was still satisfying...

I reached for our phone and turned it on. As usual, nothing new. Might as well just try and sleep... Maybe some sleep will make us feel better.

...
...
...

Or maybe a nightout as the Amazing Spider-Woman would help! If anyone else had our power, why wouldn't they enjoy the night? Especially since we got this new suit. It's like this suit makes us tireless!

Why haven't we ever done anything like this before? Sure, Aunt May may be worried, but she doesn't need to know what we're up to, right?

This is our power. We're entitled to enjoy it as we please!

Nothing else matters. Not so long as we took photos, sell them to that loud mouth, Jameson, and got paid. Especially now that we can send them digitally, We're free to do whatever we want.

Especially once we heard the familiar sound of police sirens!

I swung low and followed after the police forces toward whatever may be terrorizing the city. We practically glided toward the scene of the active crime scene. Several police cruisers were chasing a runaway vehicle that left a trail of cash from one of the opened bags that the thugs forgot to close.

I continued swinging, finding it getting progressively easier to move from web to web. It was like this suit had some how enhanced my spider-powers, even my spider-sense... Did it upgrade my powers all over?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't consider myself to be blind by any means. Not since I got bitten by that spider. Now there was a noticeable difference... My spider-sense isn't even telling me where to shoot my webbing. The suit is actively doing the work for me! In ways that will help me get to the car faster!

How did we ever live without each other?

...
...
...

"Ha! Look at all this cash! Best of all, no Spider-Girl to cramp our style!" One of the thugs boasted, earning a round of laughter from the other goons... until a two of them went wide eyed.

Spider-Woman was peeking at them through the front windshield. Anyone could feel her usual smug smirk, even with her mask on.

"TADA! Say my name and I'll magically appear!" She chimed. That was, up until one of the thugs aimed a gun at her and fired, shooting her in the shoulder. Spider-Woman recoiled and held her shoulder, screeching in pain for a moment until she realized... the pain died out almost immediately as the suit tore the bullet out of itself and tossed it aside, healing her at an accelerated rate.

"What the..." Spider-Woman muttered, seeing her shoulder, despite just being shot, was completely fine. Her surprise then boiled into anger as she flipped onto the cars hood and glared at the thugs. Before another shot could be fired, Spider-Woman tore the roof off and tossed it aside.

"W-What the?!" One of the thugs shouted. Two goons aimed their guns in a panic and began to shoot at the hero, who just stood there and took it without really reacting. Once the point of how little the guns hurt her began to settle, Spider-Woman proceeded to disarm the thugs, destroying their handguns with her bare hands

Once Spider-Woman saw the man who shot at her, she grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and threw him out of the car, webbing him to a building after letting him get a little roughed up.

It's what he deserves for shooting at us.

Spider-Woman then began to web up the other three thugs, tossing them all aside to leave them hanging and tangled onto a street light for the authorities to catch them.

To deal with vehicle, the hero simply began to fire several webs at it, attaching the getaway car to several buildings until it's momentum had stopped.

"There... all in a days work." Spider-Woman chuckled. Aside from the car roof being thrown aside, minimal damage was done to get the bad guys captured and taken into custody.

And the suit... Penny was being careless, and got shot for it, yet the suit took the bullet and even healed whatever injury she would have otherwise have had to take...

...
...
...

As usual, I was quick to leave the scene after getting a few secret pictures of the scene. We even managed to catch myself in a few of the photos, which will certainly give us a bonus. Considering our date with (YN) is coming up, we need Jameson to cough up some cash for us...

Whatever. We can worry about that later. For now, let's just head back home before Aunt May worries about me... As fun as the joyride was, I really should be getting some sleep...