Issue #12

While we were on our way to school, I noticed pretty quickly that (YN) wasn't on the bus... Maybe he was taking today off? Not that I'd blame him... Honestly, I'd try to take some days off to make life easier too. Especially after what happened to his father...

I sighed, slumping back into my seat as MJ began to take out her sketch book and pencil.

How am I supposed to make sure if he's okay? I don't have his number. I don't have any way to contact him myself. But then I remembered... On my first day of my internship, I saw his phone. He was getting text messages from Ned... And Ned was his tutor. Does Ned have his number? I should ask... Should I?

Before I knew it, MJ was already showing me her new portrait of me. I rolled my eyes before we soon made our way to school. By the time we made it to our first class, it was safe to assume that (YN) was staying home for today.

And so, I went through my day as I usually would. With Ned asking me more questions on Spider-Girl..

"Have you ever arm wrestled Captain America?"

"How much can you lift?"

"Do you feel anything personal when people call spiders gross or kill them?"

"Do you have eight eyes?"

Most of his questions were met with a simple 'No' and such. That was until Ned took out his phone and started texting, which prompted me to peek over and see who it was...

"Uh.. Does privacy not exist for you?" Ned asked sarcastically, though I just stared at him.

"You literally asked if I lay eggs the other day." I stated blankly. Ned paused and nodded.

"Fair. (YN) just said he won't be able to make it to our tutor session. Turns out he's 'taking the day off'? Man, if I did that, my fam would kill me" Ned chuckled, unknowingly confirming my suspicions...

Honestly, I'd wanna text or contact him. To see if he were okay... I jut hope Nick Fury didn't put him under house arrest of the Avengers weren't at his doorstep. That'd be a disaster I'd rather avoid...

There's nothing wrong with that, right...? I mean, I'm not gonna visit him or anything, so I won't be seeing his parents. Besides, I have Ned's number! I can have a guy's number and not have things be weird... right?

"Hey, uh.. Ned?"

"What's up?"

"Can I uh.. uhm..." I stuttered. 'Why am I stuttering?! Just ask! Just ask for the number! There's nothing weird about it. Come on!' I internally shouted.

Though, despite my thoughts, my face lit up and began to steam out. Instead of saying what I wanted, I awkwardly pointed at his phone while hiding my face in my hoodie to avoid eye contact. Fortunately, almost as if he were a professional in the matter, he nodded. After messing with his phone, he sent me a text message...

"T..T-Thank you.."

"In return, I wanna wear the mask."

"K-Kay.."

...
...
...

Lasers flew across the battlefield, beams of light clashed against each other and cried out as the strength of each side was tested. With every advance, a form of a retreat had to be made due to the enemies aggression. One by one, allies fell. Their limbs and pieces fell all over the ground, all over their comrades as the enemy forces grew restless in their attacks. For every one killed, a dozen more of these heartless drones would take its place...

At least, that's how this lego game is starting to look like...

In the moment, Billy stood over a mountain of droid bodies, claiming sweet victory over the battle that we started. I chuckled a bit, scratching my chin as Billy's character ran around to collect the stud pieces that the enemies had dropped.

"VICTORY FOR THE DARKSIDE!" Billy declared, punching the air as I stared at Lego Yoda's dead body... at least, the parts of it that didn't disappear yet. I chuckled, knowing that this would be the fourth time I've lost to my younger brother. Him being happy about winning was more important than me beating him.

"I'm gonna go back to my room to study more, okay Billy? Let me know when Mom gets home."

"'Kay!" Billy replied. I disconnected my controller and made my way up to my room.

Once I opened my bedroom door, I closed it behind myself. My phone perked my interest as it buzzed from a notification. I reached out and unplugged the charger to see what the notification was about and was surprised to see that Ned replied to my initial text and an unknown number had messaged me.

After I replied to Ned's text, I gave the random message a quick look. I typically just read them and ignore it, but in this case it was... Penny? Checking up on me...

Was it legit? I texted Ned to see if that were the case...

...

C.E.O. of Sex.

'I just got a text message from someone who claims to be Penny... Can you see ask if it's legit?'

'It is legit she is panicking rn lol'

Okay...'
'I'll save her number and contact info.'

...

On one hand, I should probably be upset with Ned for sharing my number so casually. But I guess I can make an exception for Penny. Last time I saw her, we were getting chased by my dad... She's most likely worried, especially when I didn't go to school today...

I looked into the new contact and decided to just change it's name to 'Penny Parker' and responded.

...

Penny Parker.

'(YN)? It's Penny! Penny Parker. Are you okay?'

'Hello Penny. Introducing yourself for the 4th time now? Lol'
'I've honestly been better. Did Dr. Conners inform you about what happened?'

'Actually, the Bugle had me take some photos for a paper. She vaguely explained what happened, but I just wanted to see how you were doing after the monster attack...'

'I see... Well I'm staying home for the time being. At least until my father comes back.'

'Okay... Well if there is anything I can do to help, lmk'
'NED AND I CAN DO!!!'
'MJ TOO IF THAT'S OKAY IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE JUST ME'

...

I chuckled dryly, practically feeling Penny fumble over herself as she usually would. I sent a dismissive reply and set my phone down to start studying...