Chapter 5

(Bill pov)

I see the way that both of them are looking at me as I rub Dipper's back, feeling him weakly clinging to me. "I think he needs to rest for a bit. If you both will just escuse us for one moment please." Keeping my arm around him I gently lead him upstairs and sit him on the bed. I kneel in front of him, holding his face in my hands as I gently wipe away his tears. "Hey, come on, Dipper. Talk to me. What's the problem?"

"Th-They're everywhere....g-get them off...." His nails start scratching at his arms again but I gently grab his hands to make him stop, his arms starting to bleed from the scratching. "Get them off.....they're everywhere.....d-don't make me go back down there....."

"You won't. You will never go down there again. But you are just hurting yourself. There is nothing on you." I reach into the nightstand taking out some gauze bandages and gently bandage his arms before taking out a pill bottle. "Dipper, did you take your meds this morning?"

"I don't like it....they make the nightmares worse...."

"I know. But they also help so this kind of thing doesn't happen, remember?" I open it and place a pill in his hand. "I am going to go talk to the agents, you take the pill and get some rest. I will be right back." I softly kiss his forehead before standing up and heading back downstairs.

"How is he doing?" Agent Rossi asks. From what I understand, he's an Italian. He sure likes his coffee the Italian way at least.

"He is just tired and needs some rest. You can come back once he's gotten his rest."

I lead them to the door and they walk out it but Agent Rossi turns back to me. "One last thing. He was screaming to get them off and he was scratching himself a lot. Do you know what he meant by them?"

"I think he meants germs. A few weeks after I got out of prison, he was cleaning and found a dark stain on the floor. He started freaking out and scratching at his arms, saying to get them off and that they were everywhere. Soon after that he stopped shaking people's hands, started getting really nervous about contamintation or things being 100% clean. The doctor said he has something called mysophobia."

"Fear of dirt and contamination. You ever think that maybe it's because-"

"You don't have to say it. I know that he is that way because of the things I did to him in that basement. And to answer your next question, no he can't go near basements either. But I haven't touched anyone. I didn't kill those people. You can have your people at the FBI check my phone records or anything else that you need to check. But I didn't go near those people. When I killed people 6 years ago, I would tell them that if they had sex with me then I would stop hurting them and then after I killed them I drew the big dipper on their foreheads. The people who have been dying, no big dipper and no mention of sexual assault. So go ahead and try to look at this about a million ways, but I am innocent. And will be here waiting for you to prove that to everyone else too."

I close the door locking it. I turn around and see Dipper standing at the bottom of the stairs. "Hey, you're supposed to be resting."

"I couldn't sleep. And before you ask I did take the pill before coming down here."

"Are you feeling any better?"

"Maybe. I don't know."

"How about I go make you something to eat. It can be a late lunch or an early dinner, whichever one you want to call it."

"Sure." He quietly mumbles, pulling his sleeves down to cover the bandages over his arms. I offer him a small smile before I head to the kitchen.

"So anything special you want?"