Chapter 8

(Dipper pov)

I open my eyes again, sunlight shining in through the slits in the wooden boards that make up the barn. I look over at the man who's chain is long enough to allow him to look through one of the slits. I had hoped that this thing was just a horrible dream. "....do you see anything out there?"

"I see a house. It looks like an old farmhouse. A kid is getting in a red pickup truck and driving away."

"How old?"

"He looks about 16."

"That's why he is constantly gagging us. He doesn't want his family inside the house to hear."

"I doubt that they would hear us anyway. There is quite a distance between the house and where we are."

"He doesn't want to take that chance. He can't afford for anything to potentially go wrong. What's your name?"

".....Simon. Yours?"

"It's Dipper. Dipper Pines-Cipher. If....If I don't get out of here, could you tell my husband that I love him? I didn't get the chance to tell him when I last saw him."

"Of course I will, but you are going to get out of here and tell him yourself." He looks through the slits again. "He's coming." He comes over to me. "I have to put your gag back in or we'll both be in trouble."

"No no please!" I try to get away from him but he just grabs my chain pulling me back over to him. "I don't want to be gagged again! Please-" He shoves the gag back in my mouth and even tightens it before he goes over to his spot and does the same to his own gag right as the barn doors.

The man with the black mask walks over to me as I try to scoot back away from him, whimpering and trembling in fear. I was terrified enough when I was 17 and found out that Bill was kidnapping and murdering people because of me, but this is so much fucking worse because I have no fucking idea who this guy is. Back then, I was able to identify Bill for the FBI. But this time, no one knows who he is. Not me, not the cops and not the FBI.

He unlocks the shakle around my ankle before he grabs the back of my shirt and drags me to the center of the room as I kick and try to scream in an attempt to get away from him.

He wraps chains around my already ziptied hands and pulls me up with a pulley system so my arms are above my head and my feet are off the ground. He goes over to Simon, unlocking his shackle dragging him over and doing the exact thing to him so we're both strung up by our wrists and neither of our feet are able to touch the ground.

The man brings over a bucket full of water and jumper cables that are connected to a nearby generator. He grips my face so hard that it hurts my jaw making me whimper once again but in pain this time.

"If you thought that the things your no good freak of a husband did to you were horrible, wait until I have my own little fun with you. It is going to be so much fun watching you break to my will."

He lets go of me as he turns the generator on and puts one of the jumper cables in the bucket of water. When he brings it up out of the water I see with horror as the jumper cable is holding a soaked sponge.

I kick uselessly as I try to scream again. He grabs a fistful of my hair and pulls on it hard. "Fucking stop squirming! If you keep this up, I will just make it last longer and hurt more. Understood?" I weakly nod, just wanting all of this to be over with.

He lets go of my hair and instead lifts my shirt up part away, putting the wet sponge against my bare skin.

The minute that the sponge touches my skin, my whole body violently convulses as electricy runs through my entire body. After what feels like agonizing hours, even though it most likely was just the span of a few minutes, he finally stops only to dunk the sponge in the water and do the same thing to Simon.

I turn away, tears streaming down my cheeks. I can't make myself look at Simon as he convulses like that.

He finally stops, dropping jumper cable to the ground before he picks up the blowtorch flicking it on. He brings it towards my neck but stops when his phone rings. Taking the blowtorch away, he gives me the one minute gesture before he takes a phone out of his pocket and answers the call.

"Hello? Hey honey.....I mean I'm kind of in the middle of a project right now...." He brings the flame back to my neck and I scream in pain as the flames burn and blister my skin, my screams all muffled from the gag so no matter how loud I scream the person on the other end of his phone call doesn't hear me. It's hopeless. He is on a fucking phone call with someone that could help us but we have no way of getting their help.

He sighs as he takes the blowtorch away from me again, turning it off as he walks back to the table setting it down. "What did Tyler do this time?.......I understand but he's 16 years old and has a car of his own......wait what do you mean it got impounded.......An hour ago? Then why is this the first time that I am fucking hearing about it!......no no, you're right I shouldn't have yelled like that. I'm sorry. Don't worry, I am on my way to get him now......love you too honey." He hangs up the phone putting it back into his pocket.

Without a word, he walks out of the barn sliding the door closed. I hear his car start up and drive away, leaving both of us strung up like we're nothing.