Chapter 10

(Spencer pov)

I walk into the ditch lifting up the sheet covering the body, grimacing at the sight I see. "How bad is it?" Tara ask as she comes into the ditch as well.

"It's not Dipper at least. But it's complete overkill."

She picks up a wallet off the ground and opens it. "ID says the victim is Simon Curtis. His sister reported him missing only two days ago."

"Three days ago is when Pete's body was found. So he dumped one body and then kidnaps another victim?"

"Maybe we're looking at this the wrong way. The whole time we've been assuming that the Unsub was kidnapping a victim only a day or two after killing. What if, he's been kidnapping two people a few days apart, then after he kills the one he's held the longest he waits a day before taking someone else."

"Controlling two people would be rather difficult."

"Unless they were like Dipper. He had already survived one kidnapping when he was a teenager, so he was already scared and vulnerable. Simon's sister said that he had called her freaked out about a mugging a few weeks back. What if he's going after people that he knows won't fight back?"

"But how could he possibly know who wouldn't fight back?"

"Wasn't Dipper seeing a therapist?"

Standing up I take out my phone and call Garcia.

"The almighty Garcia at your service. What can I do for you today?"

"Garcia, were all the victims seeking out therapy?"

"Yes they were but all were using different therapists."

"Is there any overlap between them at all?"

"Just one second....huh. That is odd."

"What is it?"

"A few days before they all were taken, all the victims saw a different therapist then they usually would."

"Why is that?"

"A few it was because of budget reasons so they had to seek help else where but most it was because they were referred to other professionals for better help. They all ended up seeing the same doctor. A Dr. Samuel Townsend."

"Does he have any history with Dipper?"

"I am checking....they didn't seem to have any specific incidents, but it appears that he was in all of Dipper's classes his senior year. And oddly enough he seemed to have dropped out of school only a day or two after Dipper was taken."

"Does he have any family that are around Dipper's age with short, straight brown hair?"

"I'm checking just give me a minute. Wait, I thought that the victims had their appearances changed to look lke Dipper?"

"That's what we had originally thought but somethings aren't adding up. If this really was all about Dipper, then why does he change so drastically from what Bill had done."

"The only person in Samuel's life that has brown hair is his younger brother, Tyler."

"What's the story with the two brothers?"

"They are 6 years apart and oh no. This goes straight to sad town. Around the time that Samuel dropped out of school, both their parents died in a car crash so Samuel dropped out to work in order to support the both of them. He worked like 3 part time jobs for four years before he got fired from all of them due to anger issues. He was arrested a few times for aggrivated assault due to his anger getting out of control and, I quote, 'Beating open those who thought they were all better then me.'."

"What about the last two years?"

"Seems like Samuel met a girl, a lovely woman named Helen. She had him go to anger management classes where he got some help in controlling his temper."

"How did he become a doctor if he dropped out of high school?"

"If I had to guess I would say that Helen helped him forge the paperwork. And before you ask I already sent his home adress to your phones."

"Thanks Garcia." I hang up before looking at Tara. "Lets go."