10: Waiting On A Miracle

Heyo! This chapter is in 3rd person P.O.V. (and in past tense because it's hard to write present tense 3rd person) and nothing heated happens. This was inspired by Diego_el_LOL's video on YouTube (linked above. If it doesn't work, click the bottom left hand corner. That's how I got it to behave). It keeps most of the lyrics but changes some to fit the story plot. THE ATTACHED IMAGE GOES WITH THIS CHAPTER - I'm sorry that I lost the credit tab so please let me know if you know who did it. Enjoy!
------------------------------------

After everyone said goodnight, not one of them was able to sleep. (Y/N) was up contemplating their next move over the notes they had received hours earlier. Mirabel and Camilo were stressing over what (Y/N) would do with their notes. They had long known the other was also in love with (Y/N) and they saw each other at their door that night when they peacefully left their notes. Isabela sat at her vanity, massaging her cheeks. She had been smiling so much that night, her face muscles hurt badly. She stopped, staring at the ring on her finger in the mirror. She didn’t want to get married. Meanwhile, Dolores was up listening to Luisa cry and Isabela complain to herself softly. If her cousin didn’t want Mariano, surely she would be able to marry him, but no. She wasn’t perfect enough. Nobody was having a good night.

Mirabel lay in her bed staring at the ceiling while Camilo was on his side, staring at his floor. They were both thinking of the worst and all of the cool properties the other had. “I could never be him. He has a gift. He’s so funny and nice. I’m just a boring history nerd.” Mirabel sighed. “I’d need a miracle to be with (Y/N).” 

“God, she’s so nice and smart.” Camilo huffed, envying Mirabel with all of his might. “I’m just a jackass who makes wise cracks and sexual jokes. I’d need a miracle to be with (Y/N).” 

“Don’t be upset, or mad at all.” Mirabel sang, sitting up in her bed and slipping her glasses on.

“Don’t feel regret, or sad at all.” Camilo looked up at his mirror-covered room. He stood and stared into the only one that actually had an image of himself.

“We’re all in this for the long haul.” They both sang, Mirabel pausing at her own mirror and staring into her eyes. 

“And I’m fine, I am totally fine.” Mirabel exited her room, looking over everyone’s pictures up in the hallway. 

“I will stand on the side as you shine.” Camilo sang, moving to a mirror that showed an image of Mirabel. He punched it in harshly, glass shattering and flying everywhere as tears came to his eyes. “I’m not fine!” 

“I’m not fine!” Mirabel joined in with him as she stared into the eyes of Camilo’s portrait. 

“I can’t move the mountains. I can’t make the flowers bloom. I can’t take another night up in my room, waiting on a miracle.” Mirabel sang by herself, looking over the portraits of Luisa and Isabela as she did. 

“I can’t heal what’s broken. Can’t control the morning rain or a hurricane, can’t keep down the unspoken invisible pain.” Camilo sang, moving along the mirrored walls and seeing as the images appeared as his tia and his mami. “Always waiting on a miracle.” 

“A miracle.” They sang. 

“Always walking alone.” Mirabel sang, singling out just her in her picture with (Y/N) and Abuela

“Always wanting for more.” 

“Like I’m still at that door,” Mirabel looked over to (Y/N)’s door from across the hall from where she stood in front of the pictures. “Longing to shine--” 

“Like all of them shine.” Camilo joined her, kicking the shards of Mirabel’s mirror on the floor. 

“All I need is a change.” Camilo sang alone, moving to the next mirror. It was (Y/N). He stared into their eyes longingly, admiring everything about them. His breath was taken away at how amazing they always looked and he wanted to kiss them again like he had earlier more than anything.

“All I need is a chance.” Mirabel held a hopeful and wistful hand out to (Y/N)’s door, staring into the cute image of them on it. 

“All I know is I can’t stay on the side,” They both sang, Mirabel turning to the portrait of (Y/N) on the wall in front of her and Camilo softly putting a hand on the mirror. “Open your eyes, open your eyes, open your eyes!” 

“I would move the mountains!” Mirabel mimed having muscles. 

“Make new trees and flowers grow!” Camilo sang with her, leaping gracefully to Isabela’s mirror. 

“Just so my love would let me know if they loved me so,” Mirabel swooned, holding the bracelet around her wrist lovingly. “I am waiting on a miracle,” 

“A miracle!” Camilo shifted into (Y/N) and stared at both the bracelets on their wrist as he sang with Mirabel. 

“I would heal what’s broken,” Camilo sang by himself, looking down at his bleeding knuckles. 

“Show my lovely something new.” They both sang. “Who I am inside, so what can I do? I’m sick of waiting on a miracle, so here I go!” Mirabel ran over to (Y/N)’s door and Camilo went back to their mirror, staring into it passionately. “I am ready!” Camilo tore Mirabel's bracelet from (Y/N)’s wrist and watched the beads fly everywhere around him. “Come on, I’m ready!” Mirabel threw herself against the door, turning her head and staring into it. “I’ve been patient and steadfast and steady! Bless me now as you blessed us all those years ago, when you gave us a miracle!” 

“Am I too late for--” Mirabel started, pulling away from the door and putting a hand on it softly. 

“A miracle?” Camilo joined her, questioning what he had just done in his brain. There was a huge mess all over his room now. Was he really that jealous of Mirabel? Was he jealous to the point where he smashed a mirror that made him look like her and destroyed a bracelet around (Y/N)’s shifted form wrist from Mirabel that they loved more than anything? 

“I’m so sorry I hurt you, Casita.” He said softly, putting a hand on the frame of the mirror he had broken. “I hurt myself too.” He stared at his bloody knuckles and looked down at the mirror shards on the floor. Tiles tried to push him to his door and downstairs but he chuckled, moving away from them. “No, my knuckles don’t hurt. My heart does. I love (Y/N) too much.” 

Mirabel stared at the door a moment longer before taking her hand off of it and clearing her throat, hoping to clear her mind as well. “I love you, (Y/N). I have for so long.”

------------------------------------
Word Count: 1,145

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed! I've been so excited to do this chapter since I came up with it last week after listening to the video attached. I am so glad to be working on this book, it makes me so happy! I know it's a bit different than my other book, Aye Aye, Captain, but I like how it's going. Stay safe, my dudes <3

Published: (2/4/22)

Final Word Count: 1,246