11: Behind the Scenes

Heyo! This chapter is in your P.O.V. and nothing heated happens. Enjoy!
------------------------------------

I roll over, groaning into my pillow. This is too hard. I know they both love me and I love them too but I feel like they love me too much to have an open relationship and share me. It would be so much easier if I could just date them both but I know them too well to even wish for that. They could never. They're too possessive. "Fuck!" I scream into my pillow. My door creaks open and I don't move . "Can I help you?" I ask, my speech muffled into the comforting satin of my pillowcase. No response, yet again. Jesus fuck. I lift my head and there's no one there. "What the fuck?" I ask softly, sitting up and looking around. The pieces of the vision seem to be carrying themselves off my vanity.

I hold my hand out and something furry hits my hand. I yelp in surprise, throwing it across the room. Vision shards aren't furry. I carefully float it back to me and it squeaks softly. It's a rat. "(Y/N)?" Antonio asks softly from my doorway and I look over to him. All the rats drop the vision shards and run to him, climbing up his legs and into his hands and hair. He giggles softly at the feeling and I stand, approaching him with my rat in hand.

"Hey buddy." I smile and hand him the rat, keeping the vision. I pick the rest of them up and the rats squeak in protest. I freeze and eye them all quickly, setting the shards back down slowly. "Are these yours?"

"No." He shakes his head slightly, careful not to disturb the rats. "I just heard one get hurt in here while I was getting water." He smiles brightly and I smile as well. He's so adorable. I could snuggle him all day. The only kid I wouldn't mind having.

"Well. What were they doing then?" I huff, putting on an overexaggerated thinking face for him.

"Do you wanna hold one? Holding animals makes me think better." His smile turns meek, holding out one of the rats. I pick it up gently and stroke it as I continue to think.

"They were leaving my room so we could try setting them down and seeing where they go?" I shrug and he nods, setting all of the rats back down on the floor.

"You can go!" He giggles softly as they each take a shard again, scampering off quickly. I hold a finger up to my lips, shushing him as we quickly and quietly look to see where they go. We watch as they run across the hall and slip behind a painting.

"What?" I ask and walk lightly over to said painting, watching the last one struggle to get up and behind it. I pull the painting back for it and notice that it functions like a door to a hole cut in the wall. "You probably shouldn't come in here, bubs." I turn back to Antonio and it looks like his little heart breaks at my words.

"But I wanna see if the rats are okay.." He tells me softly, his eyes welling with tears. It hurts me to see him so sad and I sigh.

"Alright." I huff and his face lights up with a smile. "Just... stand behind me. Your mom would kill me if I let you get hurt." I put a hand on his shoulder and he nods eagerly. I take a deep breath and crawl through the hole in the wall, turning around and helping Antonio in carefully. "God, it's dark in here." I blink, trying to get my eyes to adjust to the darkness that's somehow deeper than the empty hallway outside.

"Stay here. I think I have something that can help." Antonio whispers to me and leaps out of the painting. A few moments later, he comes back holding a firefly jar. "It's my night light." He smiles sweetly and I ruffle his hair, making him giggle.