14: A Date With Camilo

Heyo! This chapter's in your P.O.V. and nothing heated happens. There is mention of addiction and a bit of alcohol drinking. Enjoy!
------------------------------------

As soon as I approach the staircase, Camilo looks up at me in awe. “You look amazing.” He tells me as I make my way down the stairs, never taking his eyes off of me. 

“So do you.” I smile sweetly. He’s wearing a white button up with a golden yellow bowtie and black suspenders connecting to black pants. 

“Hold on, I’ll be right back.” He tells me, dashing up the stairs like it’s Black Friday and he wants that deal on that coffee maker. He comes back down quickly and the only thing that’s changed is his tie from a golden yellow to an emerald green, just like my dress. “Now we match.” He smiles dorkily at me and I giggle lightly. 

“We match.” I smile at him. I look up at Mirabel, who is standing at the top of the staircase. 

“Don’t be getting pregnant now.” She smiles at her own joke and we roll our eyes. 

“Okay, mom. Wasn’t planning on it.” I smirk up at her. 

“Seriously though, have fun.” She tells me, blowing me a kiss. 

“Thank you.” I blow one back to her and Camilo takes my hand, silently suggesting we should get going soon. I can’t tell if it’s because he’s jealous of Mirabel or because we’ll be late for our reservation at such a fancy restaurant if we don’t go. I’ll take both for five hundred please, Alex. I can already tell he’s gonna be a harder sell on an open relationship than Mirabel. 

“Dolores, can you tell everyone that (Y/N) and I are going out for dinner, please?” He asks openly as soon as we exit Casita. When we arrive at the restaurant, we get seated and I take a second to soak in our surroundings. The room looks beautiful with flowers accenting almost every surface, our table lit by small tea lights. 

“How much bribery did it take for Isabela to set this up?” I ask him and he chuckles. 

“My entire life savings went to chocolate bars.” I giggle at his statement. 

“This really isn’t your style, I’m surprised.” I tell him, opening my menu. 

“I wanted to impress you.” He smiles at me sheepishly. “I wanted to show you that I can be a good boyfriend.” 

“I don’t think you wouldn’t be.” I shrug, smiling sweetly at him from across the table. “This is definitely a bonus though.” I chuckle. A young man who looks about our age approaches us, notepad in hand. 

“Good evening. My name is Alejandro and I’ll be your server tonight.” He tells us, tapping the end of his pen on his notepad. 

“Hello.” I smile kindly up at him. 

“Can I get the lovely lady a drink to start off with?” He asks flirtatiously, giving me bedroom eyes. I already don’t like this man. 

“Actually--” I start but Camilo cuts me off. 

“They’re not a lady.” He tells Alejandro assertively. “We’ll just have waters, thank you.” He gives a tight smile to our server who nods, uselessly jotting it down. He leaves without another word and I wait until he’s out of earshot to start talking again.