16: AFAB Suffering

Heyo! This chapter is in your P.O.V. and nothing heated happens. Enjoy!

------------------------------------

I stay home with Mirabel the next week. Camilo somehow also sweet talks his way into staying home to do chores inside with us and we make the most of it. This morning, I open my eyes and immediately groan. It’s still dark outside. I roll over, trying to go back to sleep but as soon as I move, my eyes shoot open. Oh goddammit. Really? I hold my hand out and float a new pair of shorts over to me, clutching them angrily in my hand. I carefully roll myself onto the floor and mumble into the floorboards, “Casita. Help. Please.” I groan into it and the tiles gently roll me out of my door to the bathroom. Just as I’m about to stand to open the door, Mirabel approaches me. 

“Whatcha doin’?” She asks sleepily. 

“Bathroom. Period.” I tell her, gazing up at her from my place on the floor. 

“Same.” She giggles tiredly. “You go first. Yours looks really bad. I mean, you’re on the floor.” 

“I didn’t wanna walk. Hate the feeling of walking with ruined shorts.” I smile, standing and wincing at the feeling. 

“I feel that. Now go, I don’t wanna stand here all day.” She says and I move into the bathroom to do my own thing. When I open the cabinet, I sift through every single box down there, desperately trying to find any size of tampon with no luck. 

“Mira.” I groan, dragging out her name. I’m still sitting in my terrible shorts trying to find anything to help under the cabinet when she opens the door, peeking in to make sure I’m decent before opening it all the way. 

“What’s up?” 

“We don’t have any tampons.” I drag out the last vowel. She nudges me aside with her foot and bends down to dig through the cabinet as well. “There’s just empty boxes.” 

“You’d think with so many girls in this house, the majority of them still menstruating, that we’d have a stockpile of them. I bet it was Isa who used the last ones.” Mira grumbles. She takes a seat on the floor with me and we sit there in agony until footsteps approach us, making us look up. 

“What are you guys doing?” Camilo asks. 

“Period.” We both groan up at him. 

“Well, can you move your pity party? I need the bathroom.” He asks and Mira and I look at each other. 

“Can’t move.” I tell him and he sighs. 

Casita.” He groans and tiles gently move us to Mira’s room. 

“Ooh, hold on, I might have some in my bag.” She says and I hold my hand out to stop her from standing. I hold my hand out and open her cabinet, breathing a sigh of relief when I see her bag on top of the pile of shit on the floor of her closet. I would have passed out if I focused all of my energy on getting something out from under that pile. I float the bag to her and she sifts through it for a moment before holding a fistful of them in the air triumphantly.

“Hell yes.” I smile happily and Casita moves us over to the bathroom when Camilo is just stepping out. “Good morning. We found what we needed.” I smile up at him.