━ 14 | Exams and Planning

❝But if we get caught, you three will be expelled too.❞
❝As much as I admire you for your selflessness, Harry, you can be an idiot sometimes. We don't care if we get expelled!❞

FOR YEARS TO COME, NOVA WILL NEVER understand how she and her friends manage to get through their exams when they half expected Voldemort to come bursting through the door at any moment for Harry

FOR YEARS TO COME, NOVA WILL NEVER understand how she and her friends manage to get through their exams when they half expected Voldemort to come bursting through the door at any moment for Harry. Yet the days crept by and there could be no doubt that Fluffy was still alive and well behind the locked door.

It was sweltering hot, especially in the large classroom where they did their written papers. Everyone had been given special, new quills for the exams. They had been bewitched with an Anti-Cheating spell.

They had practical exams as well. Professor Flitwick called them one by one into his class to see if they could make a pineapple tap-dance across a desk. Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuff box - points were given for how pretty the snuffbox was, but taken away if it had whiskers. Snape made them all nervous, breathing down their neck while they tried to remember how to make a Forgetfulness Potion.

The quartet had passed the Astrology exam with flying colours due to all the studying that Nova had done with all of them. She was more than happy to help whenever Neville, Dean, or Seamus had asked for help before the exam as well.

Nova was gradually getting more and more concerned for Harry. She knew he was trying to hide it, but she could always tell when his scar was bothering him and she knew it had been ever since he encountered Voldemort in the Forbidden Forest.

She had sat with Harry one night after both Ron and Hermione had gone to bed and asked him how he was doing.

"Alright, Harry. Don't think I haven't noticed how tired and drained you look recently. Now, I'm gonna ask this once and if you don't wish to share what ales you with me, then I can respect that. Just know that I'm always here for you if you need someone to talk to. What is wrong?"

Harry stared at the girl next to him for a moment, not fully understanding how she knew him so well. He thought he did a fair job at masking his emotions on how he felt about the whole Voldemort situation and how he was feeling extremely tired.

But nothing gets past Novana Lupin.

"I've been having a harder time sleeping again," he started, his voice meek and unsure. Nova gave him an encouraging nod, telling him that he had her full attention.

"The nightmares are back, the same ones I used to have about my parents and the green light. Only now there's that hooded figure and dripping blood. And I've been getting these stabbing pains in my forehead where my scar is that has been bothering me ever since that night in the Forest. I'm more worried about the Stone and Snape now than ever and I have this feeling that I have to do something about it."