━ 16 | Train Home

Novana Lupin!
I'll see you guys over the summer if I don't die a horrible death.

NOVA WAS BEYOND WORRIED

It's been three days since their adventures through the trapdoor. It's been three days since Harry disappeared through the black flames only to be carried out and brought to the Hospital Wing by Dumbledore.

It's been three days since Nova thought she was going to lose one of her best friends.

No matter how many times she tried, no matter how many hours she'd sit and wait outside the Hospital Wing, Madam Pomfrey would not let her in.

Nova sat in between Ron and Hermione with a book in her hands as they watched Dumbledore walk out of the Hospital Wing. He gave them all a kind smile and said a simple, "He is alive and well," before walking off down the hall.

The three of them let out sighs of relief at the man's words.

They continued to sit in silence, waiting until Madam Pomfrey to either allow them to visit Harry, or release him.

About an hour and a half passed before the doors to the Hospital Wing opened.

Nova jumped to her feet, the book she had with her lay forgotten on the ground as she made eye contact with Madam Pomfrey.

"Five minutes," was all she said before she opened the door wider.

Rushing into the room, the three of them noticed Harry laying in a hospital bed with a mountain of treats and gifts by his bedside.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed as she stepped over the threshold of the door, looking as if she wanted to throw her arms around him.

Nova walked up to his bedside and grabbed his hand immediately, giving it a gentle squeeze.

"How are you doing, soldier?" She humoured with a small smile on her face.

Harry gave her a grin, "a little sore, but I'm doing all right."

"Oh Harry, we were sure you were going to — Dumbledore was so worried —"

Ron interrupted Hermione, "The whole school's talking about it. What really happened?"

It was one of those rare occasions when the true story is even more strange and exciting than the wild rumours.

Harry told them everything: Quirrell; the Mirror; the Stone and Voldemort. Nova, Ron, and Hermione were a very good audience, gasping in all the right places. When Harry told them what was under Quirrell's turban, Hermione screamed out loud while Nova gasped, covering her mouth with her hands.

"So the Stone's gone?" Ron asked finally. "Flamel's just going to die?"

Harry nodded, "That's what I said, but Dumbledore thinks that — what was it? — 'to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure'."