━ 1 | Diagon Alley

Imagine being in Hufflepuff. I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?
There's nothing wrong with being in Hufflepuff. One of my best friends happens to be in Hufflepuff, along with my uncle.

⤥July 1991; TEN YEARS LATER⤦

July 1991; TEN YEARS LATER

THE EARLY MORNING LIGHT shone through the windows of the small, two-story cottage on the edge of a forest in Devon, England. Two of the three inhabitants were wide awake on July twenty-seventh, manoeuvring around the kitchen.

Remus Lupin leaned up against the counter with a cup of coffee in one hand and a tired look in his eyes as he watched his wife cook. When he woke from his almost sleepless night due to the full moon, he tried to help her with the cooking. Instead, Pandora handed him the cup of coffee and told him he was to relax, despite the tired look in her eyes.

The soft sounds of Dexys Midnight Runners' Come On Eileen came from the record player in the living room, mixing with the woman's hums as she swayed her hips to the music. Remus couldn't help but smile at seeing his wife's antics.

"Could you go wake Nova up? Breakfast is nearly ready."

Her voice ran through his ears, causing him to snap out of his little daze. Pandora smiled over her shoulder at the light-haired brunette (who had a few sprouting greys) before turning back to the pan to flip a pancake.

Remus hummed in response, placing his coffee on the counter next to him. Before walking past her, he rested a hand on her left shoulder and kissed her temple softly.

The third inhabitant lay sprawled out on her bed in her bedroom on the second floor. The girl slept peacefully, her mouth hanging slightly ajar and strands of her bright-red hair sticking askew from her nightly plaits. Her blankets were pushed away due to the summer heat seeping through the house's walls.

Peeking into the room, Remus smiled in amusement. He opened the door fully and walked over to the edge of his daughter's bed. He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, shaking her awake. When she woke, Remus came face-to-face with a familiar pair of light blue eyes.

Novana Lupin squinted at her father as the sunlight shone in her eyes. Her nose scrunched up as a tired smile appeared as she spoke, "Morning, Dad."

Remus smiled softly, "Good morning, kiddo. Breakfast is almost ready, and there's a little surprise for you downstairs once you're ready."

With his words, Nova's face broke out into a giddy smile as she quickly sat up, any trace of tiredness gone as she clapped her hands together excitedly.

Remus chuckled as she started spewing her ideas of what it could be before placing his hands on her shoulders to keep her in place, "Calm down now, Nova. You'll find out what it is when you come downstairs."