━ 1 | Week With the Lupins

❝Thank you.
❝It's no problem, Ana. No problem at all.

︼

NOVA WAS OVER THE MOON WITH EXCITEMENT when Harry showed up to spend a week at the Lupin Cottage.

Pandora had left to pick him up roughly twenty minutes ago and returned with a faint crack as she apparated into their front yard.

Hearing the noise, Nova jumped from her spot on the couch beside her father as she darted for the front door. She grasped the old-fashioned metal handle of the wooden door as she wrenched it open, the force of her pull causing the air to blow her flaming hair out of her face.

"Harry!" She exclaimed giddily, a broad grin on her face as she met his emerald gaze.

A wide smile broke out on his lips as he abandoned his trunk and Hedwig's cage, his eyes gleaming brightly, "Ana!"

Pandora watched with an adoring smile as the two preteens hugged tightly. She couldn't help but think of James and Lily, the two nearly splitting images of the late couple.

Only they were utterly different from them since the start, having the pleasure of becoming good friends so early.

"I'm so glad you're finally here!" Nova pulled from the hug, gripping Harry's shoulders as she shook him excitedly. "I've always wanted you to visit the family cottage. There's so much I wanna show you!"

Harry grinned as he looked down slightly at the girl, "I'm glad to be here. Honestly, this is going to be the best week of my summer. Especially since it's spent away from the Dursleys."

"Hold on a minute," Nova suddenly squinted at him, her eyes scanning over him briefly before widening, "What did you do, grow half a foot taller in three weeks!?"

The two had been around the same height for the past couple of years out of their quartet, with Nova only an inch shorter than Harry. Hermione had been the shortest and Ron the tallest, each on separate ends of the spectrum regarding height.

However, over the past few weeks since Nova had last seen her messy-haired friend, he left her in the dust as he shot up quite a few inches. He now stood a few inches over five feet, while Nova was an inch shy of five feet tall.

Chuckling, Harry raised an eyebrow at Nova in amusement, "What did you do? Shrink a few inches in three weeks?"

"I did not shrink!" Nova gaped at the boy with a feigned look of hurt as she dramatically held a hand to her heart. "I'm now a whopping three inches taller now, thank you very much!"

Harry couldn't rid the grin from his face, shaking his head at the girl as he glanced around at the Tudor-style cottage. The base of the home was stone, while the upper half was plaster white with black timber framing. The walls had spots of vines that reached from the ground to the thatched roofing.