━ 6 | The Midnight Duel

❝The floor? I wasn't looking at its feet, I was too busy with its heads.❞
Yeah, Hermione, in case you didn't notice, there were three of them.

"YOU'RE JOKING

"YOU'RE JOKING."

Nova sat down with Harry and Ron at dinner after a long yet eventful afternoon. After their whole flying lesson and getting hauled off by Professor McGonagall, Nova and Harry had a small conversation with Oliver before Nova dragged Harry off to the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey wouldn't let them in to see Neville, so they simply asked her to give back his Remembrall.

They then went to the Great Hall for dinner and had just finished telling Ron about what happened when they left the grounds with Professor McGonagall. Ron had a piece of steak and kidney pie in his mouth, but he'd forgotten all about it.

"Seeker and Chaser?" He asked, astonished. "But first years never — you must be the youngest house players in about —"

" — a century," Harry said before shovelling pie into his mouth. 

Nova, who was happily eating a piece of pie herself, grinned at Ron, "Wood told us."

Ron was so amazed and impressed with his best friends that he just sat and gaped at them.

"We start training next week," Harry said as he glanced over at Nova who nodded. "Only don't tell anyone, Wood wants to keep it a secret."

Fred and George now came into the hall, spotted Nova and Harry, and hurried over. Once they reached them, the two engulfed Nova in a traditional Weasley hug. Nova squealed in surprise at the sudden action while Harry and Ron snickered. 

"Well done, Novakins!" They cheered as quietly as possible. Nova sighed as she closed her eyes briefly at the nickname, her cheeks turning a light pink. Ron laughed lightly as he nudged Harry, pointing out how embarrassed she was. 

"Well done to you too, Harry," George said once they pulled away from Nova. "Wood told us. We're on the team too  — Beaters."

Fred nodded as he leaned an arm on one of Nova's shoulders, "I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch Cup for sure this year. We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You two must be good, Wood was almost skipping when he told us."

Nova couldn't help the snort that left her as she pictured her new Quidditch Captain skipping down the corridors. 

"Anyways, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school," George said, bringing a hand up to ruffle Nova's hair. 

She swatted at his hands as Fred spoke, "Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found our first week. See you."

Fred and George had hardly left when someone far less welcomed turned up: Draco, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle.