━ 2 | Flourish and Blotts

Leave him alone, Draco! He didn't ask for Lockhart to do all that! He doesn't want any of this!
You've got your little girlfriend standing up for you now, eh, Potter?

LIFE AT THE BURROW was as entertaining as possible when living with the Weasleys

Everything from the ghoul in the attic making noise whenever he felt things got too quiet to the small explosions from Fred and George's room was considered perfectly normal. While Nova loved her parents more than anything, living with the Weasleys brought her a different type of familial love.

Nova had gone home shortly after Harry's arrival to spend some time with her parents, only to return to the Burrow a few days later.

The Weasley children had invited her over to play Quidditch in a small paddock they owned. She had received the usual yellowish parchment addressed in green ink from Hogwarts that same morning with all the information for the upcoming year and new book requirements.

Nova was highly displeased by all the Lockhart books she would need. When she asked her mother what the deal was with it, Pandora gave the news that put her in a bit of a sour mood.

Gilderoy Lockhart was their new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

The redhead tried not to think about it as she picked up her practice Quaffle and broomstick after finishing her breakfast for the morning, giving her parents each a farewell kiss on the cheek before making her way to the Burrow for the day.

As Nova made her way to the door of the Burrow, she was surprised when Molly Weasley opened the door before she had the time to knock.

"We were wondering when you'd show up. Come in, dear, come in!" The woman exclaimed as she ushered the girl through the door.

Nova smiled at everyone as she walked through the door, thanking Molly as she noticed everyone reading the Hogwarts letter at the dining table. They had all looked up to greet the girl cheerfully.

"You've been told to get all Lockhart's books, too!" Fred exclaimed as he peered at Harry's list. "The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher must be a fan — bet it's a witch."

Nova scuffed in silence as she shook her head, "They're a fan, all right."

"That lot won't come cheap," said George as he shot a quick look at his parents. "Lockhart's books are really expensive. . ."

While she still looked worried, Molly brushed it off with a quick, "Well, we'll manage. I expect we'll be able to pick up a lot of Ginny's things secondhand."

"Ginny can have my first-year books. I won't have a use for them anymore," Nova spoke immediately, hoping to relieve the worries that they had as she tucked her Quaffle ball under the arm that held her broom.