━ 8 | Halloween

❝You're saying it wrong. It's Wing-gar-dium Levi-o-sa, make the 'gar' nice and long.❞
❝You do it, then, if you're so clever.❞

BEFORE NOVA KNEW IT, two months had passed since she arrived at Hogwarts

BEFORE NOVA KNEW IT, two months had passed since she arrived at Hogwarts. Time seemed to fly by with how busy she was now that she had Quidditch practise three evenings a week on top of all her homework. 

She often found herself in the company of Harry the most due to their schedules being so similar with the added Quidditch practises. They often did their homework together in the common room in Ron's company. 

Due to the lack of time on her hands, she had to send her father a letter about not being able to make her visits as she promised. Remus responded as Pandora had predicted — understanding and thoughtful, but with his own little flair.

He said how he was once again proud of her and that her letters were enough; that she should focus on her studies and try not to cause too much trouble. He also sent her a box with different kinds of chocolates in it and suggested carrying some around in her pockets or school bag just in case. 

Nova felt like she couldn't be happier, though. She had even made a few new friends in these past two months, such as Angelina Johnson and Katie Bell, who were the other two Chasers on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team.

She had gotten to spend some time with Cedric, often meeting up in the library. She told him all about her time at Hogwarts so far, leaving out small details like the three-headed dog. She told him about her newfound position on her house Quidditch team, though, which he was very supportive of and gave her tons of advice.

On top of that, Hermione was finally talking to her again. About a week after her first Quidditch Practise with Oliver and Harry, she approached Nova. She told her that she still wasn't happy about her breaking the rules, but she was willing to put it past her to be friends again.

It was now October thirty-first, which meant it was Halloween. Nova had woken up fairly early, getting ready and making sure she had some chocolate on her before she went down to breakfast with Hermione. The delicious smell of baking pumpkin wafting through the corridors made Nova excited for the feast later that day.

Nova and Hermione were ecstatic when Professor Flitwick announced in Charms that he thought they were ready to start making objects fly. The whole class had been dying to try since they'd seen him make Trevor, Neville's toad, zoom around the classroom.

Professor Flitwick put the class into pairs to practise, and Nova happily sat down next to Dean once he was announced her partner. They sat at a table behind Harry and Seamus and diagonal to Ron and Hermione. Nova couldn't help but laugh as she wondered who was angrier about the pairing.