━ 16 | Together Again

Please don't call me that.❞
❝Oh, come off it! I thought it was hilarious.❞

FOR A MOMENT, THERE WAS SILENCE as Nova, Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Lockhart stood in the doorway

FOR A MOMENT, THERE WAS SILENCE as Nova, Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Lockhart stood in the doorway. Nova nervously wiped some muck and slime from the Chamber off her robes before they heard two screams.

"Nova!"

"Ginny!"

It was Pandora Lupin and Molly Weasley, and the latter had been sitting in front of the fire crying. Pandora was comforted by an equally distressed Remus Lupin, who had dropped the chocolate bar in his hand at the sight of his daughter alive and well.

Molly leapt to her feet, closely followed by Arthur Weasley, and both of them flung themselves on their daughter.

Pandora stumbled over to Nova, her eyes pooling with fresh tears as she tried hard not to sob before embracing her tightly. Remus was right behind her, wrapping both his arms around his girls as he placed a prolonged kiss on the crown of Nova's head.

"Oh, darling, I was so worried about you! When Minerva told me you had been taken into the Chamber of Secrets, I was devastated," Pandora cried as she pulled away from Nova to brush some of her matted hair out of her face.

Nova relaxed as she felt her mother wipe some grim from her cheek with her thumb, "I'm all right, Mum. . ."

"Why do you look so pale, Nova?" Remus frowned as he shook his head, pulling a chocolate bar from his cardigan pocket. "Here, you can have my spare. It'll make you feel better."

Harry watched with a slight smile as Nova brightened, grabbing the chocolate from her father before embracing her parents again.

He gazed past them to see Professor Dumbledore beaming from where he stood beside the mantelpiece next to Professor McGonagall, who was taking steady gasps as she clutched her chest.

Fawkes went whooshing past Harry's ear and settled on Dumbledore's shoulder just as he and Ron were swept into Molly's tight embrace.

"You saved them! You saved them! How did you do it?"

McGonagall spoke weakly, "I think we'd all like to know that."

Molly let go of Harry, who hesitated momentarily before walking over to the desk and laying upon it the Sorting Hat, the ruby-encrusted sword, and what remained of Tom Riddle's diary.

Nova held her breath when Harry started telling them everything. He spoke into the rapt silence for nearly a quarter of an hour. He told them about hearing the disembodied voice, how Hermione had finally realized that he was hearing a Basilisk in the pipes: how he and Ron followed the spiders into the forest, that Aragog had told them where the last victim of the Basilisk had died: how he guessed that Myrtle had been the victim and that the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets might be in her bathroom. . .