━ 1 | The Great Rescue

❝Yeah, I've seen those things they think are gnomes, like fat little Santa Clauses with fishing rods. . .❞
❝I find them rather cute, actually. Especially the ones with the hats over their eyes.❞

THE SUMMER FOLLOWING THEIR first year was one of Nova's favourites

Despite sending letters upon letters to Harry and Hermione over the summer, Nova got nothing in return from Harry. She was upset at first but then thought about who he was living with.

Hermione had been over to her house a few times over the summer, spending their time reading and discussing all sorts of Muggle books Hermione would bring each visit. Nova also showed her around her house and introduced her to her father and the Weasleys.

Hermione was having a hard time calling Pandora by her first name, often slipping up and calling her 'Professor Lupin'.

On one of the many nights she spent at the Weasleys, she jokingly talked about going to rescue Harry with Ron and the twins in their dad's Ford Anglia.

Arthur came home one night and told them that Harry got an official warning for using magic in front of Muggles. The four of them decided to take the joke seriously and plan a rescue mission.

That night, Nova laid awake on an extra mattress that Molly had put in Ginny's room, where she often stayed when she visited the Weasleys.

Ron had the job of watching and making sure everyone had gone to sleep before they left. Then He would have to get the twins and Nova.

Ron peaked his head into the room, trying to stop the door from squeaking.

Nova was about to question his actions, but he shushed her, cringing as the door squeaked more. He gestured for her to follow him as he sneaked out of the room and Nova rolled her eyes.

She slowly got out of bed, careful not to wake Ginny. The redhead threw a jumper on over her pyjamas before she followed her best friend out of the room and downstairs.

George and Fred were standing in the kitchen, waiting for the two.

"Took you long enough," Fred muttered before they all snuck out of the house and towards their tumbledown garage not far from the Burrow itself.

Fred and George opened the garage door, them all cringing at the creaking noise as Nova spotted Arthur's Ford Anglia.

After waiting a minute to make sure Molly Weasley wasn't going to come outside, George opened the passenger's seat for the two youngest to climb into the car as Fred took the driver's side.

Within a few seconds of George closing the door after getting in, they were airborne.

"We have lift off!" Fred exclaimed in excitement, and Nova couldn't help but grin. She was excited to see and rescue one of her best friends.