━ 14 | The Chamber of Secrets

Who are they? Which students?
Don't tell me, Minerva. . .

"ALL THOSE TIMES WE WERE IN THAT BATHROOM, and she was just three toilets away," Ron said bitterly at breakfast the next day after they told Nova of Harry's realization the night before after their nightly adventure, "And we could've asked her, an...

"ALL THOSE TIMES WE WERE IN THAT BATHROOM, and she was just three toilets away," Ron said bitterly at breakfast the next day after they told Nova of Harry's realization the night before after their nightly adventure, "And we could've asked her, and now. . ."

It had been hard enough trying to look for spiders. Escaping their teachers long enough to sneak into a girls' bathroom, let alone the girls' bathroom right next to the scene of the first attack, was nearly impossible.

But something happened in their first lesson, Transfiguration, that drove the Chamber of Secrets out of their minds for the first time in weeks.

Ten minutes into the class, Professor McGonagall told them their exams would start on the first of June, one week from today.

"Exams?" Seamus Finnigan howled from next to Dean Thomas. "We're still getting exams?"

There was a loud bang behind Nova and Harry as Neville's wand slipped, vanishing one of the legs on his desk. Professor McGonagall restored it with a wave of her wand before frowning at Seamus.

"The whole point of keeping the school open at this time is for you to receive your education," She said sternly. "The exams will therefore take place as usual, and I trust you are all revising hard."

Nova blanched at her Professor's words. She hasn't revised a lick of her classes, her mind too overcome by the thought of the Chamber of Secrets and Tom Riddle controlling her. She also never imagined there would be exams with the castle being in its state.

A great deal of mutinous muttering around the room made Professor McGonagall scowl even more darkly.

"Professor Dumbledore's instructions were to keep the school running as normally as possible," She said. "And that, I need hardly point out, means finding out how much you have learned this year."

Nova looked down at the pair of white rabbits she was supposed to be turning into slippers. She didn't feel like she learned much and often found classes rather tricky in the sickly state she had been in for the year.

Ron looked as though he'd just been told he had to go and live in the Forbidden Forest.

"Can you imagine me taking exams with this?" He asked Nova and Harry, holding up his wand, which had just started whistling loudly.

Over the past few days, Nova couldn't focus on revising with the constant guilty feeling seeping in and out of her heart. She had sat down with Ginny one night and told her she would tell Harry and Ron everything and that she was sick of playing puppet to Tom Riddle.