━ 5 | Catch the Remembrall

Shut up, Malfoy!
Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom? Never thought you'd like fat little cry babies, Lupin.

NOVA HAD TRIED TO tolerate Draco Malfoy, especially when they were younger

NOVA HAD TRIED TO tolerate Draco Malfoy, especially when they were younger. Even their mothers were civil towards each other despite the disownment of Pandora from the Black family.

That all went down the drain as they grew older when his father, Lucius Malfoy, started filling Draco's head with prejudiced thoughts and forbade the two sisters from maintaining their already splintered relationship.

She put up with his constant sneering, glaring, and scowling, but she couldn't stop herself from saying something whenever he would insult anyone she cared for, especially her parents. The Weasleys have been a part of that list, with the most recent additions being Harry, Hermione, and Neville.

Harry seemed to be getting hit the most with his insults ever since he rejected Draco's friendship on the train. He's told Nova he never believed he could hate a boy more than his cousin Dudley. Nova couldn't say she blamed him.

Thankfully they didn't have to put up with Draco much since first-year Gryffindors only had Potions with the Slytherins. Or at least, they didn't until they spotted a notice pinned up in the Gryffindor common room that made them all groan. Flying lessons would be starting on Thursday — and Gryffindor and Slytherin would be learning together.

"Typical," said Harry darkly. "Just what I always wanted. To make a fool of myself on a broomstick in front of Malfoy."

Nova placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, knowing he was looking forward to learning how to fly more than anything. "You don't know that you'll make a fool of yourself, Harry."

"Besides, Malfoy's always going on about how good he is at Quidditch, but I bet that's all talk," Ron added.

Draco certainly did talk about flying a lot. He complained loudly about first years never getting on the House Quidditch teams and told long, boastful stories that always seemed to end with him narrowly escaping Muggles in helicopters.

He wasn't the only one, though: the way Seamus told it, he'd spent most of his childhood zooming around the countryside on his broomstick. Even Ron would tell anyone who'd listen about the time he'd almost his a hang glider on Charlie's old broom.

Nova had been on a broom quite a few times herself, but her stories didn't seem to be as entertaining as everyone else's stories. Only a few people — Harry, Hermione, Neville, and Dean — cared to listen to her describe what flying truly felt like.

Everyone from wizarding families talked about Quidditch constantly. Ron had already had a big argument with Dean about football. Nova had been there when it happened and ended up taking Dean's side to defend her favourite Muggle sport. Ron couldn't comprehend what was exciting about a game with only one ball where no one was allowed to fly.