━ 9 | The Dueling Club

Just do what I did, Harry!
What, Drop my wand?

NOVA SAT WITH RON AND HERMIONE in Myrtle's bathroom the next day, hoping to get a head start on the Polyjuice Potion

NOVA SAT WITH RON AND HERMIONE in Myrtle's bathroom the next day, hoping to get a head start on the Polyjuice Potion. She wanted to wait longer for Harry in the common room, but Hermione insisted on dragging her along with them.

"I still find this whole thing bloody ridiculous, mind you," Nova grumbled as she slumped against the bathroom stall wall. "If only you guys would believe me when I say it's not Draco, we wouldn't have to be stuck in this stall for a month making this blasted potion."

Ron sent the girl a look, tired of telling her the same thing repeatedly, "Nova, we've told you this about a hundred times; we'd believe you on just about anything, but this is Malfoy we're talking about! You're telling me you don't believe he could be the Heir of Slytherin, not even in the slightest?"

"Yes, Ronald. I'm telling you, I don't believe it's Draco. I'd be willing to bet my whole stash of chocolate on it!" Nova exclaimed as she took a bar from her pocket and waved it in front of Ron's face for emphasis.

Ron's mouth dropped in shock as he stared at the chocolate bar. He never thought she was so serious about it not being Draco, but he was wrong. Nova would never put a piece of chocolate on the line, let alone her whole stash.

Before he or Hermione could say anything, they heard Harry speak outside the stall door, "It's me."

Nova gasped when Ron jumped at Harry's voice, causing him to bump into her accidentally. He watched in horror as her chocolate bar fell into a small puddle on the floor with a splash.

Hermione ignored the commotion as she peered through the keyhole, "Harry! You gave us such a fright. Come in! How's your arm?"

"Fine," Harry said, squeezing into the stall. An old cauldron was perched on the toilet, and the cackling from under the rim told Harry they had lit a fire beneath it. Conjuring up portable, waterproof fire was a speciality of Hermione's.

"We'd come to meet you, but we decided to get started on the Polyjuice Potion," Ron explained as he watched Nova from the corner of his eye in case she decided to attack him for making her drop her chocolate. "We've decided this is the safest place to hide it."

Harry went to tell Ron and Hermione about Colin, but Hermione interrupted him, "We already know — we heard Professor McGonagall telling Professor Flitwick this morning. That's why we decided we'd better get going —"

"The sooner we get a confession out of Malfoy, the better," Ron snarled. Nova threw her hands up in exasperation at the boy's words. "D'you know what I think? He was in such a foul temper after the Quidditch match, he took it out on Colin."

Watching Hermione tearing bundles of knotgrass before handing them to Nova to throw into the potion, Harry shook his head, "There's something else. Dobby came to visit me in the middle of the night."