02

Monty was stalking down the hallway with Bryce when he caught sight of his girlfriend at her locker

Monty was stalking down the hallway with Bryce when he caught sight of his girlfriend at her locker. His eyes went wide and he rushed over to her speedily "Babe where the fuck have you been and why haven't you been answering your phone" surprised was an understatement to how he was feeling however he couldn't deny how much of a relief it was to see her face.

"I just wasn't feeling too good and I've not been on my phone, I'm sorry" she replied apologetically, putting a hand on his chest.

"Are you okay? I was worried about you I sent you like a million texts" he stated, cupping her face and looking into her eyes 

"Yeah I'm fine can I catch up with you later?" she answered back, smiling at the affection.

His hands tightened on her face and she could tell he was getting angry. "Why is there somewhere you need to be? I've not seen you in days Maddy", she quickly put her hands on top of his and connected there lips to calm him down which worked as his shoulders untensed and he wound his arms around her waist. 

She sighed "Babe I'm just getting my books for class and I need to go to the bathroom okay? I'll see you at lunch", detaching her hands from where they were placed around his neck. 

"Alright I love you" he replied rubbing her hands gently and kissing her cheek before he walked off towards the jocks. 

Unknown to Maddy Zach, Jess and Justin watched from a few feet away and took that as the perfect opportunity to approach her, also catching before also noticing the bruises painted across on her neck from where her jumper had moved from the altercation with Monty. 

"Is that what I think it is?" Jess whispered looking at her neck exasperated. Maddy startled and realising what they were talking about shifted her hoodie nervously but didn't give her an answer, turning back to her locker. 

The three of them shared a look behind her and Justin tugged on her arm gently but enough to get her attention back onto them "You looking fucking rough Maddy, you good?"

"So do fucking you Justin, are you good?" she snapped back as they shared a look again which she noticed making her scoff. 

"We're worried about you Mads just talk to us" Jess muttered, staring at the seemingly shell of her best friend. 

"I'm fine. Why is everyone like so dramatic?" she exclaimed in annoyance, her left hand rubbing her temple as her right was still in Justin's grip.

Zach give a short derisive laugh "You don't look fine Mads you don't come to school for days and when you do turn up you have fucking bruises on your neck and you look like you haven't slept, is this about the tapes? Did Monty do that to you? Is what Hannah said true?" seemingly getting angrier.

"Hannah was a fucking liar okay and I'm fine why are you giving me the damn third degree chill the fuck out" she replied back laughing slightly at the end trying to defuse the tension which was rising. "Anyway has Clay got the tapes yet?" she questioned looking between them, glad to have a change of subject.

"Not yet I'm thinking maybe in the next few days", Jess replied nervously and still eyeing the shorter girls neck, hating how well she could brush these conversations off and how they never noticed it before. 

"Mr. Porter wants to speak to me at some point today he put a slip in my homeroom this morning" Justin confessed, rolling his eyes slightly. 

Maddy started at him curiously "Why the fuck does he want to do that?"

"I have no idea Mads" he sighed tiredly, already walking away. Just then the bell signaled for the next class giving Maddy the chance to slip away without being questioned anymore.