15

BEFORE

"Oh come on Mads the funds go towards cheer camp! and you get to find your one true love" Sheri persuaded, shaking her friends shoulders and wiggling her eyebrows"

Maddy rolled her eyes "I already have my one true love, your so cliche" she giggled "plus you know we will go to cheer camp either way"

Jessica who was a few metres away and heard a bit of their conversation walked over and swung her arms around Maddy with a teasing smile on her face "You don't know that for sure maybe there's someone else out there for you who's you know..not so violent?"

The short brunette playfully shoved her best friends shoulder "I love Monty okay I don't want anyone else" she sighed 

***

"Maddy hey I was thinking we could both do the dollar valentine together? It might be fun" Hannah said walking over to the girl who was standing at her locker.

The girl contemplated for a few seconds before nodding "Sure Han just for you" she winked making Hannah laugh.

They both walk into the gym and payed for their sheets before sitting crossed legged on the bleachers, facing each other.

The two girls laughed and had fun together for the next half an hour or so, Hannah was really glad to have a friend like Maddy.

Hannah however was worried for her friend, she had seen how aggressive Montgomery could be and the bruises she would sometimes have decorating her body. She thought she was being a concerned friend however she knew Maddy wouldn't take it that way so she never asked any direct questions no matter how much she wanted to.

"So how are you and Montgomery?" Hannah questioned, looking up from her sheet in time to notice the huge smile that came across Maddys face.

"He's just like the sweetest guy ever" she gushed "he bought me flowers for today isn't that so cute?"

"The cutest" Hannah murmured eyeing the bruises on the girls wrists.

***

"Mads! I knew you would do it, come on let me get these typed up so we can see your results" Sheri squealed grabbing the sheets from Hannah and Maddy's outstretched hands "who do you think your both gonna get?"

"Monty obviously" Maddy confidently stated with a smile whereas Hannah shrugged having no idea although she was hoping for a certain someone.