11

Maddy was standing in between Monty's legs as he sat on the hood of Bryce's car waiting on said boy coming back with the beers

Maddy was standing in between Monty's legs as he sat on the hood of Bryce's car waiting on said boy coming back with the beers. "Good to see you out of hibernation J" she smiled teasingly over at her best friend. "Yeah, I needed to get some fresh air" he replied back adjusting the sunglasses on his face which let her see the black eye he was sporting. 

"Hey you know my house is always open if you need a place to stay" she sighed softly receiving a grateful smile back. Montgomery tightened his grip on her waist so she leant her head back and squeezed his arms reassuringly. Bryce came back around the corner and handed a beer to each of us before smirking slightly "Just wait, Jenson will be coming out in a minute"

Not even ten seconds go by when Clay comes out with a beer in his hand, probably courtesy of Bryce . "There he is Jenson!" Justin calls out as the boys cheer "come on come drink with us buddy" he walks over to him when he sees the hesitance on his face and drags him over. Maddy, who knows how her friends and boyfriend can be looks at the boy anxiously. 

Clay shakes his head in disagreement "Uh thanks but I gotta get home for dinner" which makes the boys laugh "Oh that's cute, come on you gonna walk all the way to the blue spot and let Bryce-y buy you a beer" Justin teases and when Clay tries to disagree again Justin quickly adds "No, the least you can do is drink with us. Come on drink your 40. Alex, your up man"

"Oh yes, I love it, I love it," Bryce yells "freak versus geek! time trial, 40 ounces lets do it"

Before they could even take a sip Tony pulls up across the road making Bryce laugh "Oh look, your boyfriend is here"

"The record holder is Mads over here with 14 seconds who completely thrashed Bryce's 18 seconds" Zach teased whilst Maddy and Bryce laughed.

"Wait to drink it all?" Clay asked cautiously before looking towards Maddy in shock. "Yes to fucking drink it all Clay" Maddy jokingly stated for the first time which made all the boys laugh.

"there's two ways you leave Jensen, buzzed or beat down" Justin threatened which made Maddy give him a glare "Come on here we go 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 go!" Bryce yelled before both boys began to chug their beers. To everyone's absolute surprise Clay was winning and when he finished Alex still had about a quarter left. All the boys started cheering whilst Maddy giggled slightly and wrapped her arms around Monty. 

***

Maddy and Monty were both lying in her bed soaking up each others presence. She was lying with her head on his chest and he was playing with her hair, this was her favourite side of Monty, the side that was soft and calm and loving. They had came to Maddy's house after hanging out with the guys and just spent quality time together, this was her at her happiest.

"I love you more than anything" Monty whispered which made her smile so wide her cheeks hurt. 

"And I love you Mont" she whispered back before falling asleep.