10

Maddy stepped through her front door after Monty dropped her home and closed it quietly behind it but clearly not quiet enough as her mom walked in front of her from the living room

Maddy stepped through her front door after Monty dropped her home and closed it quietly behind it but clearly not quiet enough as her mom walked in front of her from the living room. "Where have you been Madison?" she questioned her daughter who just stared right through her. "Out" Maddy replied monotonously, walking around her mum towards the stairs to head to her room.

"Madison don't walk away from me, what happened to your face sweetie?" her mom asked worriedly looking at the bruise on her face which has gotten worse over the last few hours. When she didn't receive a reply back she connected the dots in her head "Montgomery.. that boy he did that didn't he?" she persisted, wanting nothing more than for her daughter to reply back and deny it and not have her nightmares come true.

Maddy stayed quiet, she didn't have the energy to argue right now she just wanted sleep yet she knew that wouldn't happen if she didn't leave now so she quickly ran up the stairs and slammed her door shut while her mum stood there, silent tears streaming down her face. She had seen a couple bruises before but Maddy always made excuses even if she didn't really believe them now it was right in front of her face and she didn't know what she could do.

Maddy stood in front of her mirror just looking at her reflection before she started crying silently. She was stuck.

***

Maddy was looking into the mirror in the door of her locker when it was suddenly slammed shut causing her to jump. When she looked up she saw Jess and Justin in their costumes as Nancy Spungen and Sid Vicious and Zach standing beside them. "Hey Mads-woah what the fuck?" Justin exclaimed grabbing her face lightly however it still caused her to hiss in pain which he heard making him drop his hand quickly.

"Maddy what happened to your face? It's bruised.. Was it fucking Monty?" Jess questioned worriedly. Maddy stared at them all and could feel herself breathing heavier "Yes..No okay it doesn't matter it was my fault and I'm fine" she breathed out shakily causing her three friends to look at each other before all their comments started overlapping each other however she could make out 'abuse' and 'he doesn't love you if he's doing that to you' which made her angry. What the fuck do they know of her relationship. 

"Shut up!" she yelled "Look love is a million different things okay, sometimes it feels good.. sometimes it doesn't but I know Monty loves me, he fucking loves me a lot and I love him too and he's not abusing me he can sometimes get angry and rough but he doesn't mean it okay I-he-" her rant quickly got cut off once Jess pulled her into a hug and let her break down into her shoulder whilst the two boys made sure no one was paying attention to their interaction.

The three of them stood there totally perplexed, they couldn't believe what they were hearing it made them sick to their stomach seeing how brainwashed she was and how worked up Maddy got. In all the years of them knowing her she has rarely cried or gotten so upset apart from when Jeff died. She meant to much to them and they could feel their heart breaking slightly, no one deserved this treatment and especially not Madison Campbell.

Maddy could hear her boyfriend down the hallway laughing with a few others jocks so she quickly backed away from Jess and wiped her face before putting on a fake smile and turning to her friends "Hey I'll catch you guys later? great costumes by the way" she spoke laughing lightly as if she didn't just break down. Zach was about to say something however Monty shouting on Maddy stopped him from doing so and gave Maddy the opportunity to slip away as she hugged her boyfriend not looking back to see her friends expressions.