22

"No, so now she's trying to punish me by giving all of my stunts to this 80 pound freshman, like go ahead you really think that she can lift Melanie Opstads fat ass into pyramid formation" Jess spoke amused, earning roars of laughter from Maddy an...

"No, so now she's trying to punish me by giving all of my stunts to this 80 pound freshman, like go ahead you really think that she can lift Melanie Opstads fat ass into pyramid formation" Jess spoke amused, earning roars of laughter from Maddy and Zach and a frown from Sheri "She's fucking fat, really good luck"

Just then, Justin and Bryce joined the four "You're coach is such a bitch" Bryce added.

"She's actually cool as long as people show up to practice" Sheri remarks, clearly aimed at Jess.

Maddy rolled her playfully "Sheri I'm captain and even I think she's a fucking bitch" she giggled.

"Mads is right, it's cheerleading not saving lives" Jessica bites back as she pulls out a water bottle from her bag "anyone down for a little pick me up?"

She takes a sip and when Maddy see's her friends face scrunch up she snorted, taking the bottle and guzzling it down, receiving surprised laughs from Jess and Bryce while the others looked worried.

"Oh shit" Bryce exclaimed in disbelief, wrapping his arm around her shoulder which the two other boys glared at nervously, not that anyone seemed to notice. Justin grabbed the bottle from her hand and smelled it before looking between the two girls who were smiling widely. 

"I this vodka? since when did you drink at school?" he questioned to which Jess just rolled her eyes and took the bottle back.

"Since when did you turn down a drink?" Bryce inquired, taking a mouth full of the drink before teasing Zach "Come on Zacharia, there's no strawberries"

"Nah I got a test in bio" Zach excused shaking his head.

Bryce shrugs before waving it in front of Justin mockingly "don't be a bitch Justy"

Justin looked non amused until he eventually let out a smile and took a quick sip, handing it back.

Maddy squeezes out of Bryce's grip when she sees Monty "Bye bitches" she calls out walking away, Zach and Justin letting out a short breath of relief once she was out of reach from Bryce.

"Monty!" Maddy exclaimed excitedly before jumping into his arms.

"Someone's happy to see me" he smirked, hoisting her up so her legs were wrapped around his waist. 

"I'm always happy to see you" she smiled, leaning down to attach their lips.

It wasn't until Mr.Porter interrupted that they separated as Monty placed the girl back on her feet and lead her into the school with their hands intertwined.

***

Maddy was sat with Marcus, Zach and Justin, waiting for Clay to enter the cafeteria so Marcus could talk to him. He had cornered Jess earlier on to ask her about Justin's second tape.

"If he's on your second tape Justin that means mine is next" Maddy whispered as Marcus walked over to Clay. Both boys squeezed her hands gently to show their comfort and support, they knew how horrible she felt about her tape.

"What do you think Marcus is saying to him?" Zach asked as the three watched the interaction between Marcus and Clay. 

"No I idea but I'm almost certain he doesn't give a shit about what Marcus is saying" Maddy mumbled.

"This could be messing this up for us big time" Justin agreed before standing up and approaching Alex who just dumped his lunch in the bin.

"What do you think Justin is talking to Alex about?" the girl questioned quietly however she didn't get an answer as her boyfriend and Bryce joined the table, Monty pulling her to sit on his lap meanwhile Zach watched angrily from the other side of her.

"Are you high?" she sighed when she smelled the weed radiating from him.

He smiles into her hair before he begins to kiss her slowly and teasingly along her collarbone and neck. Maddy sighed frustratingly, usually she would be into it but she was trying to pay attention to the conversations happening at the other end of the cafeteria.

"Monty, later yeah" Maddy smiled gently detaching his lips from her.

"Just relax" he muttered, going back to his ministrations. No one seemed to notice how worked up Zach was getting apart from Bryce who was on the verge of laughter, he was never one to try stop a fight between Zach and Monty especially if it was over Maddy.

"Not now baby-" Maddy was cut off when Zach stood up angrily, his chair scraping along the floor gaining attention of the whole table and a few students around them.

"She said fucking not now" Zach snapped. 

"She's my girlfriend Dempsey, shut the fuck up" Monty hissed, beginning to get up but before he could Maddy grabbed his hand, he looked into her soft eyes and his anger immediately melted away. Zach scoffed before sitting back down, he didn't understand why she let him get away with everything.