06

Zach and Marcus were conversing quietly on the way to Zach's convertible when Maddy walked over to them "Hey Z, Marcus!" she called once she caught up to them

Zach and Marcus were conversing quietly on the way to Zach's convertible when Maddy walked over to them "Hey Z, Marcus!" she called once she caught up to them. A large smile came across Zach's face once he noticed the girl "Hey Mads, you need a ride?" he questioned. The brunette was quick to nod her head "Yeah actually to Bryce's I want to check up on Justin" she sighed.

The two boys shared a quick look before they nodded and made themselves over to the car with Mads racing Marcus to the passenger door. She laughed loudly once she was seated beside Zach "You are slow as fuck" she quipped amusedly to which he just rolled his eyes. 

Mads connected to the bluetooth and they were quick to drive out of the car park however before they could go any further they quickly took notice of Clay, most likely on his way home who was sporting a rather nasty looking cut on his forehead. 

"What the fuck Clay are you okay?" Maddy was quick to question worriedly. "Hey Mads, I- I'm fine.. I fell off my bike" he responded with a small nervous smile. He was looking at the three of them with an unsure look on his face, he never knew who was going to pop up on the tapes next it could be any of the three sitting in the car and he didn't know who to trust. 

"You need a ride?" Zach piped politely from besides Maddy making her face morph into confusion, since when did they speak to Clay... since the tapes.

Clay's face matched Maddys as he slowly answered "I'm good, I've got my bike" while gesturing to the messed up metal he was leaning on, it didn't look in good condition. An awkward silence filled the air in which Clay was suddenly going to ask if Maddy was on the tapes as he had seen her looking at his headphones during the pep rally however he didn't get the chance as they all turned their heads whilst hearing Tony's engine revv from in front of them.

"Hey Clay, you alright?" he asked, clearly sensing the tension and uneasiness on the boys face. "Yeah, thanks" Clay scoffed back. Okayy that was awkward, aren't they friends? She thought whilst looking between them calculatingly.

Tony didn't look to believe him and that was clear by the way he was looking at Marcus and Zach. Maddy sent Tony a small smile and received one back, they had always been quite good friends. Despite his doubts he nodded "Well you heard him boys, good to see you Mads wish you had better friends though" which earned a glare from the two in the car with her as they reversed and finally driving to Bryce's.

Maddy sighed loudly and started the rant she has been wanting to get off her chest "My parents are literally being insane, they won't stop going on and on about how much they hate my relationship with Monty and how bad he is for me as if they have any idea what a good relationship even fucking looks like, they don't even talk to each other" she finished with a roll of her eyes. Z and Marcus looked at each other while she was turned away but didn't say anything because they couldn't exactly agree with her, Monty was bad for her.

She turned to face Zach beside her with a huge smile on her face "Hey congrats on making Varsity I knew you could do it," her smile slowly dropped however as she thought about Justin and how instead of him joining as well he was most likely high out of his mind stuffing his face on Bryce's couch. "I'm worried about Justin ever since these fucking tapes he's been acting so weird and defensive but I don't get why if Hannah lied on the tapes I mean I know Bryce can be creepy but he would never do that and Sheri spoke to me after cheer and told me Hannah was lying too so what's his fucking deal". Again, the boys didn't say anything and just looked down they knew if they admitted to themselves what Hannah said was true they would also have to come to the realisation the girl was getting abused.

They eventually pulled up into the driveway with the music slowly fading as the car shut off. They clambered out, knocking on the front door which opened up to reveal Bryce's face. "Here for Justin? He's in the pool house come on" he stated closing the door behind them. 

The strong smell of weed inside the pool house made their eyes slightly water as they internally gagged however the sight of Justin lying on the couch surrounded by empty food packets and dishes made Maddy more worried than anything else. "Yo man," Zach announced loudly to get his attention as he looked around the room momentarily"are you okay?"

"Fuck you, am I okay?" Justin snarkily responded without even looking up from the game he was playing on the Xbox. "What are you my bitch now?" he added sarcastically and when he did look up his eyes widened at the sight of his short best friend standing there with her arms crossed and a small pout on her face. "Jesus fuck Mads, what the hell are you doing here?" he asked quickly jumping up and attempting at tidying himself and the place up. 

She just raised her eyebrows which made him stop in his tracks as he gave her a sad look "Shouldn't you be with De La Cruz or some shit, I don't want you to see me like this" which made her soften. "I was really worried J" she whispered taking small steps towards him. He really wanted to hug her but he knew if he did he would probably cry so he settled for giving her a small smile.

Marcus took the small note of silence to address the issue at hand "Hey Jessica is looking for you," when Justin didn't make any effort to reply he continued "she looks bad."

"Yeah she has for a while" Justin replied with no expression, sitting back on the couch making Mads roll her eyes but didn't interfere. Zach jumped in when he noticed he wasn't caring for what they were saying "are you going to talk to her?" he questioned as if it was obvious he should. "and say fucking what?" he scoffed back.

"Tell her to get her fucking shit together!" Marcus growled, annoyed at how lightly the boy was taking this "she's acting like a nutjob! she's drawing attention to herself." 

"And you too" Zach stated. "Not me. I ain't there" Justin replied shrugging.