25

"Seriously dude that's fucking bullshit" Alex scoffs, Maddy nodding in agreement

"Seriously dude that's fucking bullshit" Alex scoffs, Maddy nodding in agreement. They were sat on a bench outside of school "He got suspended for three days, that shit goes on his record"

"Yeah I don't really care, at least we shut him up" Marcus shrugs.

"We kept him out of school for three days. I don't think we shut him up" Zach spoke harshly.

"Okay you guys wanna take him on another ride? 'cause that worked out so well" Marcus sarcastically replied.

"His credibility is shot, no one is going to believe anything he says" Courtney stated.

"Until he plays the tape, or until Tony does " Zach replied.

A smile came onto Maddy's face once she noticed Ryan coming over and he smiled back, setting down his tray beside her.

"Yeah what happened there?" Marcus questioned Ryan.

"I tried. Tony won't budge. He's got the tapes hidden somewhere and this medieval, self-flagellating moral code. We have to do this another way" He sighed.

"It's back to Clay, if he's talking to Jessica about her party then it might be too late" Courtney stated as Maddy shifted uncomfortably at the mention of the party, she didn't remember what Hannah described on the tape about Bryce and anyone she could've asked apart from her boyfriend are dead

"Has he heard your tape?" Courtney asks, looking towards Maddy.

"I don't know if he's finished it yet" she mumbled.

"Okay why are we defending Bryce" Ryan spoke up once he noticed how nervous the girl was "can someone tell me that? I mean, he's a fucking rapist".

Maddy didn't say anything, just looked down towards the table because she didn't know what to say or who to believe, she's known Bryce almost her whole life but then again why would Hannah lie about that.

"Jesus would you keep your voice down" Zach hissed.

"I published a poem. He's a rapist, he could've raped Maddy as well if Jeff didn't interrupt" Ryan shot back.

Everyone turned their heads towards Maddy to see she had gone a sickly pale, she stood up shakily "No-he.. Bryce wouldn't do that to me and Monty wouldn't have let it happen I-I don't know about Jess but what Hannah said about me didn't happen" she croaked before grabbing her stuff and running to the girls bathroom.

"If Hannahs telling the truth, both Maddy and Jess said she's not" Courtney spoke up after a few minutes of silence.

"Really, Courtney? That's still your position? Hannah is lying? come out come out little girl" Ryan mocked.

***

"Maddy hey, I saw heard you talking to the others this morning" Tyler spoke, jogging to catch up with the girl as she was texting Monty.

"What? how did you even hear that?" she asked confused.

"You weren't exactly whispering, are you going to turn them in" he mumbled.

"What? No I'm not going to turn my friends in. Look we shouldn't be talking about this, what do you want?" she replied, looking around for her boyfriend.

"Let's talk to Clay, he might listen to us, you guys are friends right?" he questioned.

"Mads, is this freak bothering you?" Maddy heard her boyfriend speak from behind them.

"No Monty he's fine, let's go yeah?" she softly spoke, grabbing onto his hand.

"Maddy just think about it" Tyler spoke again, stepping closer to the girl which made Monty angry.

"Hey, leave my girlfriend alone freak, got it?" Monty spat, pushing him against the lockers.

"Monty come on let's just go" Maddy called out, not wanting her boyfriend to get in another fight.

He reluctantly nodded and grabbed her outstretched hand before leading her out the school and to his truck.