40

Lannan had been super supportive over the span of the next week. He respected my space and when I would talk out of pocket attempted to calm the situation. We both knew there wasn't much he could do from so far away but we vowed to make this work till something could be done.

"How is the campus?" He asked. Lannan had caught me at lunch on my first day and to say the least it wasn't going as easy as I had hoped.

"The campus is lovely. You'd like it here. You should see the size of the football field." He chuckled.

"That's what I'm talking about. Are you liking classes so far?" I nodded taking a bite of the small salad I had picked out.

"I couldn't find my first class, before you ask, yes I made it. With a minute to spare." I paused with a chuckle. "Other than that I'm just trying to get into the swing of things. It's weird not having dad here. It's weird not seeing you." I could physically see his face soften at the words.

"I can try to come visit next week. When is the first game? We can make a weekend of it." I clicked off the FaceTime call and scrolled through the school's website.

"Next Friday. But Lan, you don't have to over extend yourself if you're busy. I understand." He made a tsking sound and shook his head.

"My beautiful girlfriend needs me. I can take a few days off. I'll make a double post if I have to." I rolled my playfully.

"What's the status of your meet and greet?" He shrugged before rubbing his temples.

"Nathan dropped out last minute so we had to reschedule." I nodded.

"Is he okay? His internet presence hasn't been up to par." Lannan sighed.

"I don't know. I honestly haven't even checked in. I've been buried in work here in the office trying to keep videos rolling out and collabs underway. Plus we're thinking of doing a whole month of Halloween themed videos." He paused taking a deep breath. "My schedule is tight. But, but, I can make time for you." I gave a soft smile.

"Although I appreciate that, Lan, I don't want you to get burnt out. It sounds like you're signing up for more than you bargained for. I won't be mad if you can't make it next week." He shook his head. "Lan, baby, please. Don't over extend yourself because you want to prove something to me." He went silent for a few minutes. I immediately thought I hit a nerve and wanted to back pedal. "I'm not saying don't come." I began to stumble over my words. "I would love for you to come but I also know you're busy and I'd hate for you to stress over me. I'll be fine."

"Baby, calm down. You worry yourself too much."he chuckled. "Tannar asked about you."

"Mm, did she?" He nodded.

"She has a board on Pinterest with wedding items. Not to freak you out but I think she's already planning our wedding." I giggled.

"Well then when that day comes she'll already have it planned. We'll be one step ahead." He chuckled in response.

"Do you ever think about our future?" I nodded. "I think about it a lot. I know we haven't been together long so it would be absurd to rush into anything but it feels like I've waited my whole life for you, Sam." His words had a smile plastered on my face.

"I imagine us living in a two story house. Three bedrooms with two baths. A white picket fence and the loveliest kitchen. Two dogs and of course Willeh. I haven't really pictured kids because we never had that talk. Again, not saying we have to right now. I've just always imagined what my future would look like. It never really changes."

"Do you think you could spend the rest of your life with me?" I giggled at how wide his eyes had gotten. He looked like a sad puppy waiting for my answer.

"Of course, Lan. YouTube and the fans is something I'll have to get used to but I'm okay doing that with you by my side." He gave a smile before glancing behind the camera.

"Hey, I have to go. Someone just broke a lamp." I nodded. "I love you, okay?"

"I love you more. Bye." And with that he hung up. His words continued to play in my mind throughout the day. I've waited my whole life for you, Sam. My heart fluttered every time I thought about that one sentence. Lannan completed a piece of me I didn't even know was broken. So when the week had passed and I stood at the entrance to the football field waiting for him my heart was beating a million times a minute. He had promised he'd be here just the night before and I had taken his word for it. Though the radio silence I'd received that day had been unsettling.

"Hey, love." I jumped at the words. Whirling around my eyes landed on Lannan. His hands stuffed into his pockets and his flannel jacket fitting just right. I jumped into his arms as tears began to fall down my cheeks. "I'll take it you missed me." A choked chuckle escaped my lips as I clutched onto him as if he'd disappear. "Hey, if you don't let me go, we're gonna miss the game."

"I don't care." He pulled away and raised his hand to slip a piece of lose hair behind my ear.

"Beautiful." I smiled at the word and nuzzled my face into his hand. "Ready to watch the game?" I nodded and grabbed his hand leading him to the stands. "Who are you rooting for?"

"My team, of course. Who are you rooting for? And it better not be the opposed team, mister." He chuckled before leaning closer towards me.

"What if I want to?" I leaned in and pressed my lips against his before he grabbed my hand to entwine our fingers. The game was dragging by and the other team was gaining on us.

"If they keep this up I'm gonna have to root for the other team." Lannan chuckled.

"I missed this." He said softly. "I had a thought. You can shoot it down if you want. But what if I took some time off?" I glanced over at him. "I could bring some small equipment and film some short videos here and there. I know how to edit."

"I couldn't ask you to do that." He shook his head.

"I'm not asking you to. And you wouldn't be asking me. We can talk more about it later. But I could just call it a long vacation." I sighed.

"That wouldn't make you happy." He nuzzled his head into my neck before placing a delicate kiss.

"This makes me happy. Being here with you." I smiled giving my attention back to the game. We spent the rest of the game cuddled up our finger entwined rooting for the other team. But there's no other place I would rather be.