Chapter 38: Evermore (エバーモア)

Three months later at the butterfly mansion.

You were in crutches, for the most part your right leg was recovering as much as some of your fractured ribs. You were a tough lady, so the pain didn't bother you as much.

Plus they had you on pain killers so that was also why.

The only thing that would be a permanent damage in you was your missing eye.

The girls mentioned if you'd want a new prosthetic one, but you denied. You wanted to stay true to yourself and embrace it.

Not only that, your hair grew long again. It wasn't the average length you had it before when you dyed it. But it was more around to your rear area.

And the biggest difference that you've developed, was smiling more and being care-free.

You go towards Tanjiro's room when you met up with Aoi.

"Miss Tomioka, you should be resting" she sternly says.
You smile.
"Oh yes I know, but I just had to see Tanjiro"
"Normally I should pull you back, but I'll let it slide. He should be at that door to your right" she says.
"Thank you" you bow and head towards the room.

Inside you see Tanjiro talking to Nezuko while Inosuke and Zenitsu were sleeping.

Tanjiro noticed your presence and smiled brightly.
"(Y/n)!"
"I hope I haven't interrupted anything"
"No not at all! We were just taking about how Tanjiro's arm is all wrinkly like on old man" Nezuko says.

You chuckle and carefully sit down next to Nezuko. Of course Nezuko was kind enough to help you sit.

"So how is everyone?" You asked.
"I'm in tip-top shape!" Nezuko says as she flexes her arm.

I've never seen Nezuko so optimistic before. Maybe she's always been like that before she turned into a demon.

"I'm doing well also but...I suppose many of you will have scars...and I'm sorry for what I did" Tanjiro says sadly.

Nezuko pouts.
"No one cares about that. So don't apologize or next time I'll kick you in the forehead" she says.

You spit out a short laugh as you cover your mouth.
"Pfft, oh my, I like this Nezuko"
Nezuko blushes from your flattery as while Tanjiro laughs.

"I'm glad you're human again though" you said.
"Giyuu said he thought all was lost when I bit you" Tanjiro chuckles.

You sigh and cross your arms.
"For someone who'll exaggerate over the top will be none other than my dumb brother" you said.

"Eh? But aren't you like him in a way (y/n)?" Tanjiro says.
"What do you mean?"
"Remember when I confessed to you for the first time, you thought I was asking you to be my friend. When in reality I wanted to make you mine" he says.

You blush and waved your hands to stop him.
"Wh-why are you reminiscing the past! Everything is different now so let's move past that!"

Tanjiro laughs and just rubs your head.
"But to tell you the truth, I'm so blessed"
You tilt your head.
"Why?"

"Because I never thought I'd be with someone like you. When I first met you, you seemed, well...intimidating. But after getting to know you for years along the way, you care and love everyone very much" he says.