Chapter 11: Uproar (騒ぎ)

After coming a long way back to your leader's estate. You were greeted by his two children. One with black hair and the other with white hair. Both looking emotionless.

"Welcome dragon pillar" the white hair child said.
"Oyakata awaits for you" the black hair child said.

They guide you to the leader of the corps. As they slide open the door. You see the leader sitting as he was enjoying the scenery, despite being blind.

You went on your knees in respect of his presence.
"The dragon pillar is here as requested"
"Ah, (y/n)"
"Lord Oyakata, it is an honor to be here in your presence as I will follow orders and only the orders of his truly" you said and bowed respectfully.

Ubuyashiki chuckles as he signals you to come sit next to him. Confusion built up on you, but you did as you were told.

"Are you next to me (y/n)?"
"Yes"
"Good, good. Now, there's no need for such introductions (y/n). You and the rest of everyone are my children and will be treated as my children" he says.

"Yes. Forgive me"
"No need. Now (y/n), do you know why you're here?"
"I was sent to you because I'm in trouble" you said.

"Yes, and well I wanted to talk to you about that boy Tanjiro Kamado you've been with for the past two years" he said.

"Lord Oyakata, if I may I've sent a letter to my brother who should have informed you about this whole situation" you said.
"I'm aware. But I did not truly prepare myself to have you gone for two years. I thought it would be for a little while"

"...Yes, and I apologize greatly for that"
Ubuyashiki smiles at you.
"No, no, no, it's okay. Everyone was just so worried about you that's all. Having a pillar meeting isn't completed without one more to join" he says.

You didn't say anything as you kept staring at him.
"But, I do want to ask you about Tanjiro Kamado. I've realized that you've been traveling with him and a demon on his side"

"Yes"
"All right. Now, I know it wasn't just you, but your brother as well knows about this along with your master Urokodaki, correct?"
"...yes"

"Well then, I suppose I should tell you what will happen to you along with your brother and master as it has been written. But I would like to wait until everyone is here" Ubuyashiki says.

You sighed heavily and just nod. It was quiet for a moment, until the leader spoke again.
"How are you feeling, (y/n)"

Should you lie? Or tell him the truth?

"...well to be quite honest...I'm worried"
He turns to you.
"I can't stop worrying about Tanjiro..."
"Is that so?"
"He has a kind soul and he loves me for me, and all these things running in my head can't stop but worry about him"

You didn't care what will happen to you, because right now your mind was all on Tanjiro, hoping for his safe return to meet you again.

"Seems you developed quite the relationship with someone. I'm glad, you're finally opening up. I'm so proud of you, (y/n)"

You were surprised and almost went into tears but looked away from him and just enjoyed the scenery.

"Th-thank you, Lord Oyakata..."

He smiles and turns to the scenery of his garden landscape.
"(Y/n), can you tell me what the sky looks like right now?" He asks.
"Oh, yes. It's slightly turning dark and the moon is coming out"
"Ah, I see" he smiles.
_____
You decided to change your whole perspective now, from wearing a lengthy skirt to wearing hakama pants now just like everyone else, except Mitsuri. (Or you could still wear the skirt up to you).