Chapter 27: Steps (ステップ)

Warning: Sexual Content
_____
A/n: Please excuse me for this chapter, I wrote this a long time ago, and to not realize and stop myself that Tanjiro is 15 and a lot of you are mentioning that while the reader is 18, which yes I know it's pretty bad! I'm very sorry for that. However I have made Tanjiro in this story to be 17 because for the sake of age appropriation I don't want things to be off putting.
_____
MINORS DO NOT INTERACT!
_____

Back at the inn, you sat with Mitsuri while she was eating so much. You were picking at your food while you were in thought.

"Is something wrong?" Mitsuri asks.
"Oh, it's...it's nothing"
"Are you worried about something? You could tell me if you want"

As you were about to say something, Mitsuri saw Tanjiro.
"Ah, Tanjiro you're back! Come sit with us"

He waves at you two and sat next to you. As he got his food, he was amazed on how much Mitsuri could eat.

"Oh, so the boy you two met from my batch, his name is Genya Shinazugawa" Tanjiro says.
"Oh! Is that so..."
"He did look familiar" you said.

"Then that means he's Shinazugawa's little brother, right? But he told us he didn't have one. Maybe they don't get along, that's tragic"

"Well, I'm not sure why he would deny that he has a brother, then again he sometimes is a distant person. It's hard to talk to him" you said.

"Oh, why is that?" Tanjiro asks.
Mitsuri tickles Nezuko's little toes.
"We really don't know. I guess the Shinazugawa brothers are just scary"

"Genya still hasn't come here? I'd love it if we could just chat for a bit"
"Looks like he isn't coming. And he told the villagers he won't eat at all. Maybe he brought something with him" Mitsuri says while rubbing Nezuko's head.

Tanjiro looked down.
"...I hope he's okay, I'll bring him some leftovers"
"Yeah, yeah, great idea!"

After eating you all walk down through the engawa. Mitsuri was singing as she was holding little Nezuko's hand, and Tanjiro holding food for Genya.

"Kanroji, why did you join the demon hunters?"
"Her reasoning is pretty dumb" you said.
"H-hey it's not so dumb...! I mean, it's kinda embarrassing"

Mitsuri was blushing so hard as she cups her own cheeks.
"Oh no, should I? See...I joined so I could find a gentlemen who would marry me for life!"

Tanjiro looked at her in awe, then started to sweat so profusely.
"Girls like men who are actually stronger than themselves. Girls want to be protected by them! You get it? Maybe this is hard for a man to understand...(y/n), what do you think?"

You looked at Mitsuri weird.
"Well...I can't say no, but me personally I don't believe in that. I think women are just as capable of protecting themselves if they try, I mean don't you protect yourself?" you said.

"Easy for you to say, you have a boyfriend! But yeah, we're pillars. Pillars are strong, right? And it's hard to meet up with other boys. So I guess that's why became a pillar, I worked really hard at it too!"

You looked at her with a neutral boring face and just pat her hair.
"That's right you did...good job"

As soon as you all made it to the sliding door, Tanjiro opens it, but sadly Genya wasn't here.

"Genya isn't here..."
"Kanroji!" Someone called out Mitsuri. It was one of the kakushis.
"Your sword will be done very soon. We would like you to come to the workshop so we can make our final touches" the kakushi woman says.