Chapter 1: Cruelty(残酷)

Update: Tanjiro is aged up! I made an announcement about that issue further chapters and I do apologize for it, but he is aged up throughout this story. You'll come across my announcement about it again when you do. Again I apologize for that. It was a past mistake when writing this book at the start but now I hope it's resolved.
_____

You were adjusting your uniform, your uniform consisting the top with the word 'destroy' written on the back, your black skirt not too short but midway to your knees length, thigh high socks, bands covering both your wrists, and your red haori with lilies designed on it, and of course a dragon within the design.

You were ready to head out on patrol. Your sparrow didn't give you any emergency yet about any sighting of demons, but you had nothing else to do, and all the other pillars were busy at the moment.

Giyu was ready himself. As he was about to leave he turns to you.
"I'm going to head out now" he says.
"Okay"
"Don't get into too much trouble" he says.

How could I?

"Okay..."
"...Also, sakonji wanted to see you. If you have the time I think you should go"
Stopping for a moment you had to think.

Did you really wanted to go see the man who took you in his care? The answer, yes. But you couldn't leave your line of duty.

Besides being there would only bring painful memories back.
"Okay, I'll pay him a visit then"
"He's hoping that you stay with him for a while" giyu said.
"For how long"
"Until you feel like leaving. It's up to you" giyu then closed the door leaving for work.

You only sigh and looked up to the ceiling. You really hoped to get away from your past, not go through it.
_____
You were walking around a village that was filled with snow. Before you head to see sakonji, you wanted to look around.

The village was nice and quiet. And of course had friendly people.

You didn't tell anyone this, but you always yearned to one day settle down and have a family of your own.

But you promised yourself that you wouldn't do that. And seal your heart from any man that gets in your way.

Your heart was meant for sabito, and sabito only.

Some boys in this region sees you as a beautiful new face in town, and obviously being brave ones they ask you if you had time to spend with them.

Course this wasn't a first for you. You had a lot a young men face rejection from you. And besides you had duty to attend to.

You wished you didn't have the kind features you enveloped. But some of your fellow pillars always tell you that your the one to blame for being the face of beauty.

Even the love pillar thinks you have a chance pulling some of the male pillars on there knees for you, and you don't even try.

But you don't think a man will ever pull you down to your knees. Your the dragon pillar after all.

A fierce heroine warrior, as they say.

As you were in your own world, you heard people yell.
"Hey, tanjiro! Can I have some charcoal? Thanks for fixing my sliding doors the other day"
"I'll need some charcoal, too!"

Tanjiro...?

You then see a boy getting dragged out being injured on the face.
"Tanjiro! Oh man, perfect timing! I've been accused of breaking this plate! Help me out, will you? Sniff it!" The boy named tanjiro sniffs it.

"I smell cat"
"You see?"
"Oh my, so it was a cat"
"I told you it wasn't me!"

He knew just like that?