Chapter 9: Passion (情熱)

You may come across another oc I just made up. Enjoy!
_____

You three were waiting for Tanjiro's return. You waited patiently, until you heard a gasp from on of the kids.

"What's wrong?"
"Th-the tsuzumi, vanished!" the Kiyoshi said

Tanjiro killed the demon then.

Soon Kiyoshi and Teruko started grabbing everything they could.
"What are you doing now?" You sighed.
"Grabbing things, so we can strike!" the Kiyoshi said.

They had various items around themselves. You chuckles lightly.
"When you're with me, nothing will happen to you two" you said.

You then started to hear faint noises. They started getting closer and closer. You were starting to hear your names.

The doors abruptly slide open, and you see Tanjiro.
"Kiyoshi! Teruko! (Y/n)!"
"Ah!" Teruko screams, and the two started throwing things at Tanjiro.

He got hit by a hard covered book on the head and fell on the floor. You felt a bit satisfied by that.
"...oh"
"Tanjiro..."
"Why are you throwing stuff at me!" He said.
"We're sorry!" Kiyoshi says.

"The tsuzumi vanished, so they panicked, though I wouldn't mind seeing you get hit one more time again" you said.
Tanjiro lets go of his forehead and smiles nervously.
"I see. Well I'm glad you're all safe"

Teruko started to cry, and Tanjiro puts his hand on top of her head.
"You did a good job hanging in there. You, too, Kiyoshi" Kiyoshi nods.
"(Y/n), thank you for protecting them" Tanjiro says.

You just nod and got up.
"Come on. Let's head outside. Climb on my back, Kiyoshi"

Later you four were walking out of the house.
"Is your leg okay?" Tanjiro asked.
"Yes!"
"You just have to be brave a little longer. I'm picking up Zenistu and Shoichi's scent. They must be outside. Both of them safe—" Tanjiro stops all of a sudden, looking concerned.

"What's wrong?" Kiyoshi asks.
Tanjiro looks back and smiles at him.
"Nothing. Let's hurry!"

You couldn't help but stare at Tanjiro. For a moment he looked worried for something.

You all run outside, and witnessed seeing Zenistu getting hurt from the pig headed guy from before.
"Take this! Move it! Take this! Draw your sword and fight me! You spineless punk!" 

Zenistu was all best up as he was securing the box. Shoichi was behind the trees in tears.
Tanjiro stared and was baffled by the scene.

"Tanjiro...I protected it. Because you said...this was more important to you...than your life. The thing is..."

Zenistu was telling what happened while Tanjiro was fighting with the tsuzumi demon. Zenistu knew he was traveling with a demon, but when he picked up a sound of gentleness and kindness, it made him want to cry.

Zenistu was still getting stomped on by the pig.
"After all that bluster, you won't even draw your sword, you dumbass? If you're a fellow demon slayer, then let's see you fight!"

Tanjiro was starting to get mad.
"If you're not gonna fight, get the hell out of my way!" The pig guy still kept kicking Zenistu.
"Move it!"

The guy kept kicking and kicking Zenitsu, until he lost all patience.
"All right. If you won't get out of my way, I'll just have to skewer you along with that box!" The pig man adjusted his sword to plunge it in Zenitsu.

You were about to take the worst drastic measures on the pig headed man, until Tanjiro spoke.
"Knock it off!"

The guy looks at Tanjiro, as Tanjiro made a fast forward on him.