Hunter Exam: Ch. 1

A peculiar man with a tall lean muscular build, all black clothing with a blindfold on, and dazzling white hair who stands out among the other people. His name is Y/N, and he's peering out at the blue ocean scenery, waiting for a ferry to take him to his supposed destination. He simply waits calmly with the other passengers for the ship.

"Getting to the hunter exam is nigh impossible, many have tried and failed. But there's a rumor that this ship will take me to the Hunter Exam, however, there's no proof to support this, only word of mouth, and there's nothing on the website indicating that it would transport us to the Hunter Exam. Just the resorts it states. Man, it would really be embarrassing if it didn't take me there" Y/N is already faltering, and for good reasons too.

"NO! Bad Y/n, BAD!" Y/N yells at himself, clasping his hands on his cheeks, shrugging off his doubts, and preps himself for the Hunter exam.

"I traveled over 300 miles from home to get here, and I can't turn back now. The Hunter exam is a yearly event, so I have more than enough chances to get there. And the nature of even getting there tells me I need to think beyond common sense, and that's what intuition is for. Or maybe I'm just crazy." Y/N with flames of determination in his eyes gets his resolve once again.

"Being a hunter is only the beginning of my long and minacious journey, but I do it for one reason... " Y/N thoughts are interrupted by the arrival of the ferry, which he watches the operator preparing to carry people to the beach coast resort.

"Then again, this ferry could be a ruse," Y/N wondered. He ascends towards the ship, stepping on the stairwell. Y/N checks the area around him, seeing that it's mostly full of people who aren't part of the examination, while some people are over-geared, indicating that they're also looking for the exam destination.

Y/N scouting for note-worthy contestants finds none.

"Everyone here is weak. I sense their Nen but none know how to even use it.", getting bored, Y/N— goes towards his seat and rest.

"Happy morning everyone! How are you all feeling? Hope ya doing good because the Atlantic Ferry will be taking you to your dream destination!" The overly excited girl at the very front said on the speaker said aloud. Y/N paid no mind to her little introduction, just waiting patiently till she gives hints about the location of the exam.

"Blah, blah, blah— blah, blah, blah— While you wait patiently for our wonderful clients to arrive at the Atlanta Coast, how about we play a little game? A Quiz"

Y/N, amused by her games, chooses to pay more attention to what she's saying, "A game, huh? Oh well, this might just offer me hints," Y/N thinks to himself. A trap door in the ceiling suddenly opened, releasing a whiteboard, a blue button, and a black marker, all of which were connected by threads inside the ceiling.

"Items for the quiz?" Y/N questioned.

"Now, everyone, those are the items that will be used in my pop-quiz game! Of course, if you don't want to participate, you can put it back in the compartment, but there is a participation award for those who do. You just have to answer 10 of my questions, each of which gives you one point, and the person who gets the most points wins a prize, and please try and win this, or you may come to regret missing out" she said cheerfully.

Y/N raised an eyebrow at her last comment, so he decided to take part.

"Subtle hints, ey? This will be fun" Y/N mused.

She had devised a quiz game. Because it was a voluntary game, those who did not want to participate can return the items back to the shelf, but those who did opt to play received a participation prize. But the crux of it is that you must hit the button to answer; first come, first served, you get correct then it moves on to the next question, and if the first fails, the second gets a try. A prize is given to the person who earns the most points.