Hunter Exam: Ch. 8

At the platform's edge, Bandot and Y/N are on opposing ends of the platform. The two of them have a brief stare-off. While Y/N stands nonchalantly with his hands in his pocket, Bandot smiles as he takes a posture.

"Last chance to give up," Bandot suggested.

"Oh, why? You scared I'll kick your ass?" Y/N taunted, clearly not threatened in any way by Bandot.

Bandot has an aura that signals toughness that comes from a person who has been through a lot. With his lead right foot, he slides forward a centimeter and leaps, jumping into the air as he accelerates towards Y/N. Because Y/N has not reacted or moved, his friends begin to be concerned.

"Hey! What are you going?! Getaway!" Leorio yells, but it's futile as Y/N ignores his heeds.

*Thud~ Wooshh~*

Bandot lands as he twists his torso back, and unleashes a powerful straight blow. Y/N is seen struck as he leaned back from the force of the strike. It looked like Y/N was punched drunk. Y/N companions assumed he was hurt, and the convicts thought he was frozen by terror, making him a sitting duck that Bandot could easily take care of.

"That's weird, I didn't feel an impact," Bandot thought, as he felt his fist not hit anything but air. Even though he sees it connect on Y/N face.

"Why'd you stop, aren't you gonna keep attacking," said Y/N with a wide grin on his face, as he's unscathed by Bandot's strike.

"Tsk, don't get too cocky now!" Bandot yelled and went to punch Y/N, but he suddenly disappeared.

"Huh?" he murmured, then someone leaned against his back, startling him as he tried to backhand the person, but he only hit the air.

"Since my friends are watching, I think I'll show off a little," said Y/N as he leaned behind Bandot's back.

"A Show-off? What a cocky contender. Hey, Bandot! Put that kid in his place!" Said one of the inmates, A blue-skinned prisoner who was even taller than Bandot.

"So he's finally gonna reveal more of his abilities. Can't wait," Killua conveyed as the rest nodded.

Bandot ignored Y/N's remark as he continued his onslaught of attacks of kicks and punch.

Even so, Y/N was avoiding Bandot's blows, they were running around the arena as Bandot kept his onslaught, but what was most remarkable was that Y/N was so near to the edge that if he missed a stride, he'd be doomed

Even so, Y/N was avoiding Bandot's blows, they were running around the arena as Bandot kept his onslaught, but what was most remarkable was that Y/N was so near to the edge that if he missed a stride, he'd be doomed. Of course, Bandot was very irritated as Y/N didn't take him seriously enough because he was avoiding rather than fighting back.

"So be it, kid. You're a more skilled fighter than me, but you're too complacent, and that'll lead to your downfall!" Bandot believed and saw that Y/N stopped for a moment when Bandot halted his barrage.

"Now's my chance! He's at the corner of this platform, he's cornered."

Y/N had no way out because Bandot could easily catch him, and so defending was Y/N's only choice. Bandot went in for a heavy haymaker, but unexpectedly Y/N disappeared?