Hunter Exam: Ch. 10

"Agghh~ Whew"

As he sits on the sofa, Y/N breathes a sigh of relaxation, his limbs spread out as he relaxes on the soft cushions. Y/N takes a glance around the room, which is rather plain with only a few pieces of furniture. He fixes his gaze on the clock, which displays 9:55 in HH:MM format. (HH- Hours, MM- minutes)

"Ten hours for us to wait here. I need to take a piss," Y/N thought, his mind dull as the realization he'll be bored out of his mind just waiting in a tiny room for 10 hours.

"Hey, Y/N. Let's look around to play with," Gon approached Y/N rather flippantly and asked for a search.

"Yeah, sure!" Y/N said in a jovial tone. With Gon and Killua around, maybe he wouldn't be bored to death when they're around. 

"Alright!"

Gon said as he ran off to search with Killua.Y/N lingered in his seat for a moment, his gaze falling on Kurapika, which recalled him of the earlier incident with the female inmate. It began as a result of Kurapika's obstinacy, which ultimately resulted in a needless inconvenience.

"Hey, blondie," Y/N remarked to Kurapika. "Would you have the same mindset if a Phantom Troupe surrendered to you?" Y/N said, pausing to gauge Kurapika's reaction. Y/N saw Kurapika look at him and continued. "You better drop that kind of "no fight loser" attitude in case you become a liability, not only in this exam but as a hunter," Y/N stated, as he stood up and left his couch.

Kurapika locked his gaze on Y/N, the blindfolded man. Kurapika's stared as his eye turned somewhat crimson at Y/N's statement. He observed him stand up and follow around Gon and Killua as Kurapika's glance never left him. He desperately wanted to say something, but it was Y/N tone, unlike Leorio, he didn't say it in a belligerent way.

Kurapika dismisses observing Y/N and he looked down on the ground as he thinks about Y/N's statement earlier.

"In case I become a liability?... *tsk* What's so wrong about not fighting someone who's surrendered? Thought Kurapika, he deems Y/N's words as nonsense. Not getting Y/N's implications.

While Y/N's statement could be taken as an insult. Though that is a shallow way of thinking about things. Kurapika, in Y/N's opinion, lacked the conviction to murder. If Y/N had been the examiner, he would not have tolerated that and would have failed Kurapika. People don't need hunters who aren't willing to kill; it's a naïve mindset to have as a hunter. If you don't kill them, they're gonna kill you.

Sure, a hunter shouldn't kill indiscriminately unless there's a legitimate cause. However, they were permitted to kill their opponent in this exam, which should foreshadow the forthcoming hardships of being a hunter. As a result of hesitances or lack of willingness, then a beginner will have a bad time.

A bored Y/N bemoaned, "This is becoming boring." He examines the timer once again, as well as the door below it and a door parallel to it, the exit door. "That's it! I'll just use Red to break our way out," Y/N struck a brilliant idea.

"Hey, guys. Wanna see something cool?" Y/N declared.

"What is it?"

"Yeah, tell us"

"We're busting our way out. That's what "

"Watch my hand," Y/N said, as he raised his hand into a fist, then let out his index finger.