Hunter Exam: Ch. 12

"Tsk, what is happening," the warden grimaced. Lost in his thoughts thinking about what he should do next.

He has already told the candidates that they must remain in their current positions and not advance. He excused the abrupt pause in internal strife, but really a murderous cursed spirit was rummaging around the Trick Tower floors.

"Hey, you. Call the Hunter association, tell them there was an unexpected Special Grade residing in Trick Tower on sector 30, E1A4. Also, inform the other assistant warden to deploy guards at sector 30, and also tell them to get in a LAN call with me. I'll instruct and guide them," the prison Warden relayed to the staff nearby.

The staff nodded and immediately went towards the phone booth to make a call.

"Y/N, just in case you can't handle this, I'll have the guards stall some time before Pro Hunters get here."

---

Kurapika finished bandaging Leorio up and put him on his back again. His eye's still Scarlet Red.

"Guys...," Killua paused. "Run towards the door!" He shouted at the top of his lungs as he raced to the exit-way.

His other cronies followed suit. But as they neared the door, it shifted its position upwards, making it hard to get up.

"Keke... KAKAKAKAKAKAKAK!"

The Special Graded laughed, exhibiting its strange mannerisms once again.

"Worth a try," Killua looked forward at the Special Grade and instructed his teammates to surround it.

In a triangular formation, the three conscious candidates surround the Special Grade. Killua is in the summit's front, Gon is on the bottom left, and Kurapika is on the right.

At the same time, Killua and Kurapika charged at the Special Grade. The Special Grade has to make a decision about what to defend against. If it picks one, it will still be hit by the other.

But it had a way to prevent that.

The Special Grade clasped both hands on its shoulders, the right hand on the left shoulder and the left hand on the right shoulder. It quickly expanded its cursed energy and used a coating of chaotic Cursed Energy to cover its body.

It didn't know how to defend its body with Cursed Energy as a newborn Special Grade, and when it attempted, the Cursed Energy would only scatter, which is why it wanted to try to cover its body with cursed energy. Because the thing planned to take advantage of it.

The whole thing happened in a split second, like a flash. A shockwave was created as pure cursed energy burst out of its body. It also had the ability to channel the wave towards Kurapika and Killua.

Killua and Kurapika were quickly approached by a clear yellowish shockwave. It stunned them both when a flash of light erupted out of nowhere, knocking them back a few centimeters.

It wasn't a strong shockwave, but it blistered their flesh as it skimmed past both. But It wasn't enough to do serious harm.

"It-it has a shockwave ability as well? Not good. If it can do that then it might as well be untouchable," Killua thought as he got back up on his feet.

It also propelled the Special Grade back, because of the 3rd law of newton. It boosted itself backward and turned around and started to bolt towards Gon.

Gon startled, not expecting this turn of events, and braced himself for an attack.

Killua and Kurapika recovered swiftly and dashed towards the Special Grade, but it was too late since the Special Grade was blazing quick.