Hunter Exam: Ch. 6

"Wow, these eggs are good" Y/N praised as he took another bite of the spider-eagles-boiled egg.

"Hmm~ Indeed. Say, Y/N how has the test been so far?" Asked a gruff voice behind Y/N.

Y/N turns around and sees the chairman himself, Netero. Y/N a little surprised the chairman approached and initiated, replies.

"The exam, huh? It's too easy" Y/N said in confidence with a hinge of arrogance.

"Heh, as one should expect from the child of infinity, you'll breeze through the Hunter Exam with ease. But, let me rephrase that, how's the experience so far?"

"What's with that cheesy line? Old man..." Y/N deadpanned. "It's been a lot of fun blasting through it; I got to meet new people, new friends, and I've been having a nice time hanging out with them so far," Y/N stated, beginning the small talk with Netero.

"Hoho~ It's always nice to see young aspirants meet new people. Especially for you Y/N, ever since he passed on. You've been all alone."

"Yeah, I try not to recall that memory."

"Oh, my bad if I recalled some bad memories" Netero apologized, bowing his head.

"Oh, no. It's OK," Y/N stated. "The reason I'm here is because of him; he's one of the key reasons why I'm taking the Hunter exam; I want to be a sorcerer like my father," Y/N said half truthfully. Leaving out the other major part of why he wants to be a sorcerer, as Netero would not approve of Y/N hunting him down.

"That's good to hear. I was worried I might have recalled upsetting memories of a sec—"

"You didn't. Though it did remind me why I'm here, It's so that I can avenge my father, and put him to rest for good." Y/N thought mid-way of Netero's talk.

"— But you've grown up since I last saw you; you're taller than me now, though not as strong as me," Netero said as he taunted Y/N in a friendly manner.

"Oh, you sure about that?" Y/N crept a smile at Netero's remark.

"Heh~ It's time for the contestants to board the blimp. How about we have a little spar on the airship." Netero said, challenged Y/N to a spar.

"Yeah, alright. But don't go straining yourself on that ancient elderly fragile body now, old man. You could risk injury." said Y/N, taking a jab at Netero as he initiates the banter.

"Hahaha, you're still as smug as you were back then, I see. But I'll make you swallow your words back, Y/N lad. You're going to get schooled."

"How could he talk so casually crudely to the chairman? Honestly, no respect," Menchi remarked as she saw Y/N and Netero converse.

"Hmm. The chairman did mention he's grown up since they last met, so they at least know each other when Y/N was very young," Buhara replied, trying to reassure Menchi that Y/N isn't purposefully being rude.

"Still, it's the chairman he's speaking to and out in public with this many people. The least he can do is show the courtesy to be respectful" Menchi exasperated.

"It's pretty rude to eavesdrop when people are talking. Ya know," Y/N remarked as he walked past Menchi and Buhara. Menchi just stuck her tongue out at Y/N and did that little "Hmph~!" sound.

"Oh~ OHH~ What an interesting specimen we have for this exam. Especially him. Hmmmm~ Applicant 407. There's just something about him that's different, but I can't put my finger on it. I would like to see him spar with the chairman, and even better If I were to fight him myself."

"Achoo~! Man, someone must be thinking of weird shit right now," Y/N thought.

==