Hunter Exam: Ch. 16

"Ugh..." Gon let's out a weak grumble. "How could I let this happen."

He'd been shot with a tranquilizer that had been laced with muscle relaxants. Currently, Gon had just been hunted down by another contestant.

A dark-skinned figure emerges from hiding and seizes Gon's motionless body while stealing his badges. All the hard work of stealing Hisoka's badge goes to him.

"That was impressive stuff," A man said amicably in front of gon.

Gon attempts to gaze up, but the drug's influence makes it difficult to move his head. All Gon sees are the man's shoes.

"You must have swung your fishing pole over a thousand times," the guy added, insinuating that he was keeping watch on Gon.

"And I had over a thousand chances to pounce and steal your badge. But I didn't"

Gon attempts to move and flee, but the drug's effect is too strong. He had no choice but to listen to the man's anecdote.

The stranger then kneels to Gon's level and identifies himself as examinee #384. The one who has Gon as his target. He examines Gon, then speaks.

"I gotta say, your timing with that clown guy was amazing," he commended. "Though, next time. Make sure there isn't anyone else following you.

--

As they approach Gon's whereabouts, Y/N and Killua tread the woodland, Y/N utilizes his innate ability to sense Gon's presence. Aside from Gon, Y/N detects the presence of another individual.

"I'm pretty sure Gon's being hunted right now."

"Then let's hurry," Killua said in a concerned tone. Worried for his friend's safety.

"Sure, on it."

Y/N boosts his body of cursed energy and dashes with tremendous speed, Killua follows behind Y/N and tries to keep up with Y/N's speed.

They quickly near Gon's location, and Y/N comes to a halt on his track. A dark-skinned man is seen leaning over Gon's limp body, presumably stealing his badge, to Y/N's observation.

Y/N surreptitiously hides, while Killua blitzes past Y/N's spot and towards the man that subdued Gon.

 "Get off him!" Killua yelled.

The man turns around and sees a speeding Killua quickly approaching. Alarmed, he swiftly pulls out his blow-dart to in-cap Killua with the muscle relaxant.

Though Killua is too quick as Killua dodges the trajectory and lands a punch in the face of applicant #384, knocking him unconscious.

"K-Killua," Gon meekly says, seeing the figure of Killua.

"Yo," Y/N said from behind, emerging out of the bushes.

Y/N and Killua help Gon up to his feet and continue their search.

>>>

Sir Netero, the chairman of the hunter organization, is sitting opposite the Warden.

The warden is sipping his tea, whereas Netero, who hasn't yet taken a sip, is simply observing the object on the table.

The sight of the finger in the center made Netero grimace. He'd heard stories about this ancient artifact from ancestors who were much older than he was.

"It's no doubt about it," the chairman spoke. "It's Sukuna's finger."

The chairman said as he grabbed the finger off the table and inspected it further.