Hunter Exam Ch. 15

"*Huff... Huff... Huff..." Imori gasped as he ran away from his target, Killua.

"What the hell is that kid!" Imori questioned.

Earlier, in an attempt to sneak attack Killua, he tried to pounce on him.

When that failed, he attempted going head-to-head with Killua, assuming he'd be easy prey, but to his dismay, Killua was out of his league in terms of strength.

Here he is now, running away from a Kid. He is embarrassed to lose to Killua of course, and he doesn't want to hear the teasing he'll get from his brothers.

But he had to suck it up since if he didn't retreat, he'd be the one in jeopardy.

As he sprinted towards the rendezvous place, he thought to himself, "I need to get back to them as soon as possible, then we'll gang up on that darn brat!"

He leaped over some shrubs to reach the ambush point where Y/N was targeted. Imori had expected they would have achieved their aim by now, but to his horror, they hadn't.

Y/N stood over a heap of unconscious bodies on the ground, as his brothers and associates lay bruised and beaten on the grass.

Y/N holding their badges in his right hand, each badge clasped between Y/N's fingers.

Imori backstopped and tripped on the ground at the scenery.

"W-wha— What the hell?" said the bewildered Imori.

Y/N looked over to the audible noise, there he saw Imori staring dumbfounded. He lay sprawled on the ground, and he eventually backpedaled as he realized Y/N was looking straight at him.

It was clear to Y/N that he was afraid. So Y/N decide to mess with him as well.

"You're pretty late, #198," Y/N remarked. "As you can see, your brothers and cronies are sleeping, so don't be too loud."

For the time being, Y/N turned to the terrified Imori, disregarding Hisoka. Y/N was egging Hisoka to choose whether or not to fight.

Y/N knew Hisoka was looking for a confrontation, which is why he was prolonging their battle. Y/N isn't afraid; he simply delays the gratification that Hisoka craves.

"Back away from me!" Imori back-peddled as he got upright and took out the metal bat he was carrying.

Imori froze for a moment, and now what? If his brothers and associates couldn't beat him, he doesn't stand a chance.

Y/N took a step toward him, but Imori stepped back to prolong a battle with Y/N.

Imori bumped into something, he turned and saw Killua. Without a moment's notice, Killua punched Imori in the face and knocked him unconscious as he snatched his badge.

"Yo, Killua."

Killua raised his eyes to see Y/N standing there. Killua takes a step back; Y/N may not be aiming for Killua, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Killua is well aware of how dangerous Y/N is, and he will not take any chances.

"Who's your target?" Y/N asked Killua.

"It's #197" Killua simply replied.

Y/N looks over to his hand, the one clutching the badge, knowing he has the badge Killua is seeking for. He chucked the badge with the number #197 towards Killua, who caught it.

Killua examined the badge he had been given and saw the number #197 on the symbol, the one he was looking for.

Killua eyed Y/N with suspicion. Even though he received a generous gift, it may be a plot to deceive Killua.